You won't believe this....

I received a defect for an item which was returned 'without seller resolution'. I contacted Ebay about this explaining that I was currently disputing this matter with Paypal. The reason being that the buyer returned the item to a different address to the once I specified for the return. Hence because I haven't received the item back, I hadn't authorised the refund. Paypal did the refund themself and then Ebay issued the defect for 'non seller resolution'.

So, I contaced Ebay about this. After several extremely frustrating copy and paste replies from them, I received an email stating:

"If the tracking shows deliverey within 30 kilometres radius then we consider that as successfully delivery"

I replied saying how utterly ridiculous this was and asked them to clarify this. Again, they responded saying that as long as the item was returned to an address that is within 30km of the specified delivery address, Ebay consider this item as being successfully returned.

Am I not the only one who finds this to be utterly absurd??

This defect is going to cause my seller performance level to drop from Top Rated to just fall under the level for 'Below Standard'. I feel that there is nothing I can do though. Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

5kazam
Community Member

"If the tracking shows deliverey within 30 kilometres radius then we consider that as successfully delivery"

That brings up some interesting connotations on sellers responses to buyers who puts in an item not received claim.....!!!

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

"if the tracking shows deliverey within 30 kilometres radius then we consider that as successfully delivery"...wot a crock of garbage..

Phone Ebay  and if you get someone who gives you a similar answer ask to speak to a supervisor.

Also phone Paypal.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

IMO, change tactics.

At this point in time the issue isn't whether or not the item was delivered, but that the buyer didn't actually send it back to you at all, therefore you weren't given the opportunity to resolve the case because it didn't progress to a point where you were able refund. (Why did PayPal even refund? They shouldn't have if the buyer didn't use the right return address, no matter how close the address they did send it to is). 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I would say this is so rediculous that it deserves a formal complaint to the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service).

What an absurd claim by ebay.

So when a buyer claims INR it should be OK for the seller to say near enough is close enough. 30km radius will do.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

That brings up some interesting connotations on sellers responses to buyers who puts in an item not received claim.....!!!

Shhhhh.  Don't say this out loud in front of Aust Post !!!!!!

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

You're dead right...I can't believe this either....keep fighting

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

the buyer did send it back. but sent it to the wrong address that is what the OP is saying. ebay think it's ok that the buyer sent it back to another address within 30 kms. Even thought the seller hasn't got it.

Take it further for sure OP

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

REGISTER EVERYTHING OF VALUE XO

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@melbournegameframe wrote:

REGISTER EVERYTHING OF VALUE XO

Wouldn't matter if a 30km radius was considered acceptable. In a major city that would be about a million addresses.

Simplistic answers to convoluted questions rarely hit the mark, as eBay repeatedly demonstrate. And the OP has proved,.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply