ZERO Defects

Wow! **Pats self on the back**

Not too sure how long it can last.

Defects-C-Apr23-2015.JPG

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

ZERO Defects

Me too, but it feels a little like having a tiger by the tail - the next one out there with my name on it will now feel even worse!

Maybe I don't have a thick enough skin for this game...........

Marina.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Well done Clarry.

I had a stack of mine drop off overnight. The 'defect fairy' strikes again. THANK YOU 'defect fairy'.

What was strange were 3 from the same buyer for INAD.  2 then a month later 1.

But there was no actual feedback. Can buyers leave star ratings but no feedback?

If they were INAD then why come back a month later and buy something else but similar??

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Thanks Sue.

Yes that seems odd to me too.

Like you, I thought you cannot leave star ratings without leaving some form of feedback too.

But the other way around is OK tho.

And an INAD under those conditions seems unlikely.

I would be inclined to contact the buyer about this one.

We had a case some time back where we were left bad star ratings. I managed to track down which buyer it was and she had left us glowing POS FB.

She was kind enuff to reply saying that she was very happy with the purchase and that she clearly recalled leving 5-stars across the board. We possibly should have pursued ebay on those grounds but did not.

But it has now slipped off the radar anyway.

So I think sometimes they issue false ratings and if challenged will not remove them anyway.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

@clarry100 wrote:

Thanks Sue.

Yes that seems odd to me too.

Like you, I thought you cannot leave star ratings without leaving some form of feedback too.

But the other way around is OK tho.

And an INAD under those conditions seems unlikely.

I would be inclined to contact the buyer about this one.

We had a case some time back where we were left bad star ratings. I managed to track down which buyer it was and she had left us glowing POS FB.

She was kind enuff to reply saying that she was very happy with the purchase and that she clearly recalled leving 5-stars across the board. We possibly should have pursued ebay on those grounds but did not.

But it has now slipped off the radar anyway.

So I think sometimes they issue false ratings and if challenged will not remove them anyway.

First - Congratulations clarry, well done.  Must be a good feeling !  I received a defect in December, so a long time to wait for that to go.  I had 3 or 4 others they managed to somehow bring forward (or create Smiley Surprised) from the old system to the new (even though under the old system I had 0 and none appeared on the Report !), so they have gone now.

Absolutely agree with your closing comment.  My December buyer told me IF he left a neg it was accidental as he was happy with the item and he also left positive comments, so I tried 3 times to have it removed, referring ebay to the messages each time & they still refused to remove it, so then the Buyer asked for it to be removed & still they refused - so I just gave up, but it is annoying !  Lol

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Congratulations. I know how good it feels, I had one historical on for item not received during English storms. Lasted exactly, a day. Now have one, this one caused by  item lost in mail which was replaced immediately. Oh well!

Again congratulations

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Well Done Clarry!  It must feel really good.

even though I do believe this whole defect system sucks!

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Well done, Clarry. Hard to achieve these days.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

Sometimes this defect calculation is hard to understand.

Yesterday (Sunday) I looked at our other main selling store dashboard.

Our defect rate was showing as 0.17%.

Showing 2x low DSR ratings for items as decribed, and

1x Neuitral or Negative feedback.

I just looked again now (Monday) and its showing as 0.36% but the DSR's and FB are still identical. More than double that of yesterday.

And of course our actual POS FB (green dots) has gone up a few notches in that same 24-hours.

I would have expected it to have fallen since the POS FB score has gone up and nothing else has changed.

I just do not understand how they calculate this at all.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

ZERO Defects

I too had zero defects for about a week....then one 'popped up' from late last year, so I don't know what their game is
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply