a zero feedback buyer just bought something despite my settings not allowing it should i be worried?

a zero feedback buyer just bought something despite my settings not allowing it should i be worried?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yeah these blocks don't appear to be working as advertised lately.

We have had a buyer get thru who had so many unpaid items it was rediculous and somehow got past our blocks.

I don't think you should be worried. After all it may still be a happy sale.

If they do not pay then follow thru by opening an unpaid item case after 4-days and close it after another 4-days.

Nothing to be worried about.

If they do pay then mail to the paypal address using tracking and obtain your normal proof of lodgement and all should be good.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The blocking zero feedback buyers does not actually block all zero feedback buyers. It only blocks those who have not gone through phone veification. It is entirely possible that they have verified their account (maybe for another transaction). I also believe that if they have a PayPal account attached to their ID that counts as verification.

Whatever the case, as long as they pay, I wouldn't be concerned. I would confirm the address though if it sounds incomplete or strange.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I would not be concerned - zero feedback buyers that are paypal verified are not blocked.

eBay blurb below -

"Please note that even though you may select to block a particular type of buyer, some exceptions apply: 

• Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification. If buyers have registered with PayPal or have a credit card on file, they'll still be able to bid on or buy your items.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Everyone has to start out somewhere, I suppose. This person might be a good buyer and pay promptly. If they don't, you will have to go the path of an unpaid item dispute, which would be a pain.

But don't panic till it happens, it might all be good.Man Happy

I remember over a decade ago when my sister and I started selling under a different ID. We had both been on ebay a while and had built up a decent 100% score each (and that was in the days when a seller could neg you). But we started out our selling career with a zero and wondered if anyone would buy and thank goodness some people gave us a go.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

all of us were once 0 feedback buyers, after having said that, never in 12 years selling here have I had a 0 feedback non payer. Lots of other non payers but never one apparent newbie.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

0 leads to 10, which leads to 100, than 1000, than 10000.  They all have zero's in them

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I regularly get zero feedback buyers including International ones. I dont find them any more trouble than anyone else, although sometimes need a little longer to pay if their paypal accounts have not been set up or used before. . If anything they are a bit more accomadating than higher feedback buyers and happier to work things out before hitting the defect button if things do go wrong. I'm happy to accept money from anyone who wants to give it to me.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

we had someone use our email address to sell a ficticious tractor here, was messaged by the seller that $20,000 was in our paypal account by mistake and could we forward it to their paypal account.

Got onto ebay about it and yes the money was returned to the poor unsuspecting final bidder.

But hey, many people wouldn't know it was a scam and would just forward the money.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Never had any problems with 0 feedback buyers. Have had to help a few with sorting out the payment side of things, which they were extremely grateful for. I don't mind helping them if it means they turn out to be good buyers for everyone else. Most pay immediately if they can because they want to make a good impression. That said, if I was selling phones or other high risk items, I'd be concerned about 0 feedback buyers.

Most of my lower feedback buyers are great too. I've only had 2 that were non payers so far. One had 6 feedback and she asked about bank transfer, so I took her through the steps to pay that way. Never heard from her again and she copped a strike for her efforts. I currently have an UPI open for a 7 feedback buyer, which I've only just opened. I've sent 2 invoices and heard nothing, so we'll see over the next few days how that one ends up.

My biggest issues with non payers are the higher feedback buyers. My guess is they bid on a heap of stuff, then after they've won it, decide which one they will pay for and forget about the rest. Looking at their buying history I have noticed some of the non payers have bought multiples for different auction prices, which is what makes me think that's what they're doing.

A few times I've bid on multiple things before I've gone to bed in the hope that I win at least one of them. Sometimes I have won all of them, so I pay for them all. When they arrive, I pick which ones I want to keep and sell the rest.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply