advice please,do i have to refund?

i received my first

'buyer requested a return' yesterday for a second hand dvd they have said under Reason- 'i found a better price elsewhere'

and then under comments- 'i have not received the dvd'

sounds like a crock to me 

i do have no returns on my listings so will i be made to refund if i say no? im so confused by these new rules i dont know what to do 

thank you for any advice

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: advice please,do i have to refund?

Sounds to me like they are trying to pull one on you. Which is it ? Cheaper $$ or haven't recieved yet ? If you do have to refund, make sure you say Buyer changed mind. They sound like they are playing with you though. 😞

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

As I understand the new rules you do not have to accept a return for refund if the stated reason by the buyer is a change of mind.

But you do have to if the reason is item not as described or not received.

Seems your buyer has given two reasons here. It will be the not received one you will have to deal with.

If they claim not received then you will have to provide proof of postage to argue your case.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

yes it sure does how the heck will they return it if they didnt receive it ?

got to laugh a bit at the stupidness of the request

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

yes that might be my best option say no due to 'i dont refund due to change of mind'

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

pink, just make sure you keep all messages, as they may say It was not as Described as well. 🙂

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

These concerns and uncertainties sound so familiar to me.

Over the years I've had a number of return requests and especially recently, I have agreed, simply because I didn't feel like fighting either the buyer or the system.

The other day, I had already received pos feedback from a buyer and a few days later, a return and refund request, as the buyer found the item did not fit them.

On this occasion, I decided I would send a polite,simple and straightforward refusal to refund. I stated only that I do not accept refunds for sizing as I provide accurate measurements in the 'Size' section of my description in every listing.

I then waited, slightly shaking in my shoes, to see what sort of response I got to that. So far, nothing.

Hope that means that the buyer has accepted my response and moved on, but of course they still have other options, should they decide to use them. I'll have to wait a good long time to know that I'm in the clear on that one, since buyers have so long to apply for returns and refunds these days.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

betty, it really is Farcical don't you think.  Why leave Positive Feedback and then decide to change it. Shakes head & crawls into corner to ponder. 🙂

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@pink-budgie wrote:

i received my first

'buyer requested a return' yesterday for a second hand dvd they have said under Reason- 'i found a better price elsewhere'

and then under comments- 'i have not received the dvd'

sounds like a crock to me 

i do have no returns on my listings so will i be made to refund if i say no? im so confused by these new rules i dont know what to do 

thank you for any advice

My advice is to the message the buyer to clarify their issue, before leaping to any conclusion regarding their motivation, whilst it may seem sus, the new eBay system is pretty stooofed too.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

i agree it is completely stuffed and almost impossible to know what is the correct and right thing to do , it is sooo hard to understand 

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply