anchor store

just wondering does any1 here have an anchor store and has your sales of late dropped dramatically like other non stores and smaller stores or have your sales been consistent?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

anchor store

I don't think it has anything to do with what shop subscription you have more what items you are selling.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

I don't have a store and sold 17 things over the weekend. That's big for me. I think it depends on who wants what at the time.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

hmm ok i guess either or neither of u could be right ๐Ÿ™‚ lol Im just at a loss and watching the comments of late about slow times ect ect and am wondering is all i have the same style items just more of them than normal and i seem to have gone from an average of 15 sales a day to 3 to 5 ....... seems weird is all

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

I avoid listing items on long weekends and school holidays.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

If there is one consistent thing about selling which has remained a constant over the many years I have been selling it is that there is no consistent pattern when it comes to sales.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

@max-power-models wrote:

I had 17 sales over the long weekend, so it didn't do me any harm!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@max-power-models wrote:

I had 17 sales over the long weekend, so it didn't do me any harm!

Sales over the weekend have been very good for me. I am currently tracking 30% above my long term sales average and will have to get an early start to get everything packed and mailed tommorow. I will probably have to unload parcels at the rear tradesmans entrance of the post office as there will be too many to handle over the front counter. This only happens a few times a year, so is a good sign. 

My stores are only the $50 ones, not anchor, so I,m not convinced store catagory is the answer.

I do feel for those that are struggling for sales, but cant offer any suggestions as to why some are travelling well, while others are finding trading conditions difficult. I do wonder if product choice is part of the answer. I sell a lot of vintage car parts, ephemeral items and mens shed type stuff which is not commonly available. If you are selling clothes ( with retail stores very cheap on clothes at the moment ) or other generic products it would be tough getting your items noticed.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

anchor store

I also don't know what the answer is. I do really feel for those where this is their full time job. If I don't sell anything for a month, it doesn't matter, I still have my regular job. I would imagine most with an anchor store, this would be their only income, or at the least, a fair part of it.  Maybe if you only stock one or 2 lines of things, branch out into other things too? Have a larger variety? That way if no-one is after say dvd's this week, they might be after clothes, or washing machine parts (just plucking names).

There's also the issue of how come seller ABC is selling 500 dvd's a week, yet seller XYZ with the same dvd's at similar prices is selling none. I understand there's the issue of throttling / hiding listings, but seller ABC never seems to have a lull in sales, yet seller XYZ struggles month in month out.

I know with some of the things I sell, there are sellers who can sell the same thing for 20 times more than what I can.....consistantly. I'll use an ammonite fossil as an example. I could list it for $16.99 auction start price and it will sell for just one bid. Other sellers can start at the same price and they will sell for a couple of hundred dollars, with major bidding wars towards the end. I feel like jumping in and saying "I'm here, I've got these, look at me!!". I've even gone so far as to set my auctions to finish around the same time, thinking if the buyer is using the ending soonest option, mine will be seen too. Still, I get one bid, and other sellers get lots. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply