another one :(

here i go again 

i have got another where is my item? today 

surprise surprise

i half expected it as the buyer only paid 7 days after buying and only after i opened a non payer report

so now it has not arrived yeah right !!

this new free bay is realy catching on with the buyers

sorry about winging again but it is so depressing i used to like selling my unwanted items but the new rules are so unfair i have sold the bulk of all my clutter (thank goodness) so im not sure i want to start giving every thing away!!! lol

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: another one :(

i post them all seperatly even if they go to the same address (doesnt happen much) it is cheaper that way for me

i use clean recycled packing mostly because i am a greeny but of coarse it also keeps the cost down so i can sell them cheaper

i have sold approx 200 over 2 years (not all on this id) and i have noticed since nov things are going downhill 

@aps1080 wrote:

I have no problem selling used DVD's, although with any more than 1 dvd I am going to charge postage.

Just sent 3 thin DVDs which ended up slightly thicker than 20mm and price went from $1.86 to $7.20

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I also do no tracking.

But these 3 just happened to go over the 20mm which made it a parcel.

Oh well.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

You have PayPal buyer protection anywhere you have an item delivered by post,it isn't just for ebay so why should it be any different on GumTree as ebay own it?

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Their T&C's specifically mention Gumtree as separate to protections on other websites. 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

This is what it says in PayPal buyer protection policy. When you pay with PayPal on any website PayPal Buyer Protection covers you if you have a problem Gumtree comes under any website doesn't it?
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Check the T&C's here:  https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full

Alot is worded "when you make a payment via Paypal (except Gumtree)....."

Gumtree is promoted as a pick-up site for local purchases, with the onus on the buyer to inspect the goods.  I'm a bit fuzzy on how the protections work, I might phone them next time I'm looking to get something sent purchased via gumtree.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

You must meet all the relevant basic and additional requirements to be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection:” This is about the seller protection: Payments via Gumtree PayPal Seller Protection applies to Reversals based on: Unauthorised transactions or an item not received. Unauthorised transactions. Basic requirements The item purchased must be a physical, tangible good (except vehicles); You must respond to our requests for documentation and other information that is reasonably required by PayPal regarding a Reversal filed against you within the timeframe specified; and Your eligibility is not otherwise suspended. Additional requirements You receive payment via PayPal from a buyer’s PayPal account; You provide us with valid Proof of Shipment; and The item is sent to the address we specify on the payment notification or "Transaction Details Page" which can be accessed by logging in to your PayPal account. You receive a payment via PayPal through Gumtree from a buyer’s PayPal account.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I can't find anywhere it says there is no buyer protection if paying through paypal on Gumtree as that's what we are communicating about the buyer and not the seller protection?

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

screenshot-help.gumtree.com.au 2015-01-14 16-48-01.png

Here is the reference in Paypal policy:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#Schedule_1_PayPal_Seller_and_Buyer_Prote...

Scroll down to S12.1 You may be eligible for the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy if all the following requirements are met:

1. Your purchase is not for:
    1. Vehicles (including cars, motorcycles, caravans, boats and planes);
    2. Real estate;
    3. Custom made items considered to be “significantly not as described”;
    4. Industrial machinery used in manufacturing;
    5. Items prohibited under our Acceptable Use Policy;
    6. eBay Items that breach eBay's "Prohibited and Restricted Items and Services" policy;
    7. Items you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf; or
    8. Quasi-cash items such as gift cards, pre-paid cards or deal vouchers;
    9. Items listed on Gumtree.

Saying that, on the whirlpool forums there are recent cases for INR, etc that have been found in favour of the buyer. The buyer needs to insure things like the seller raising an invoice for the goods in Paypal (rather than using family/friends transfer).

Anyway, I'm going to contact Paypal to get some definite answers before I buy on Gumtree again needing the item posted.

Hope that helps.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Please go to Facebook ebay Australia buyer name and shame, share your list of "special" buyers
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply