another one :(

here i go again 

i have got another where is my item? today 

surprise surprise

i half expected it as the buyer only paid 7 days after buying and only after i opened a non payer report

so now it has not arrived yeah right !!

this new free bay is realy catching on with the buyers

sorry about winging again but it is so depressing i used to like selling my unwanted items but the new rules are so unfair i have sold the bulk of all my clutter (thank goodness) so im not sure i want to start giving every thing away!!! lol

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

aps1080
Community Member

Sorry to hear.

I just purchased something from a guy who has it listed on ebay and gumtree.

Contacfted him throug gumtree, deal done, no hassles, I said no to Paypal because he wanted 2% more (which I understand,

the thing is cheap enough) so went bank account, no fees, everyone happy.

And with ebay wanting "FREE POSTAGE" plus cheap prices, and post is so expensive now,

plus as you say "FREEbay" for buyers, no wonder people are leaving.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

"...so went bank account, no fees, everyone happy."

Oh dear. Everyone's happy until the item is not received from your end and you have no buyer protection. If he disappears and doesn't send your item there is no way you can get your money back from your deal on Gumtree as you paid with an unsafe payment method (bank deposit).  

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

He was very quick to provide his name and address, I have already cross checked by calling his place of work and asking for him

plus talked to him on the phone.

Yes, I agree with some of what you say but not everyone is like that with various checks and balances.

Plenty of checks can be done before handing over money.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah totally risky with Gumtree.  Saying that, I've taken the plunge several times made some very expensive purchases on Gumtree for the seller to post and it's always been fantastic (so far). 

It's so scary though, can be a bit stressful for those few days before receiving it.

WIth Paypal, the way I understand it is that there is not buyer protection on gumtree - happy to be corrected here.  So recently I used paypal with a credit card for the first time with gumtree so I could do theoretically do a chargeback if needed.

Not sure it would have worked, but anyway I didn't need to test it as all arrived no problems.

But thems the risks.  Much more peaceful here in ebayland.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

Sorry to hear.

I just purchased something from a guy who has it listed on ebay and gumtree.

Contacfted him throug gumtree, deal done, no hassles, I said no to Paypal because he wanted 2% more (which I understand,

the thing is cheap enough) so went bank account, no fees, everyone happy.

And with ebay wanting "FREE POSTAGE" plus cheap prices, and post is so expensive now,

plus as you say "FREEbay" for buyers, no wonder people are leaving.

yes i have considered gumtree but almost all i sell are very low cost and i dont think it would work out for me 

i hope you are picking up so you are safe also good luck with it 🙂

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

there only 2 way buyers get it for free.......

If a buyer didn't get an item, or received something that wasn't what was described in the listing (for example, they ordered a red t-shirt and got a green one) and we have no reason to believe the buyer's claim is fraudulent, eBay may give the buyer their money back.

If a seller can prove that the issue wasn't their fault (providing proof that an item was delivered, or that the item sent was as described in the listing), any refund issued to the buyer is on us.

If a seller can't provide satisfactory evidence that an item was delivered or that it was as described, the seller will need to reimburse us for the refund.

In situations where the item wasn't as described, the buyer may have to return the item to the seller before getting their money back.

While an item not received or not as described request or case is open, it does count as a defect and could have an impact on your seller performance.

If eBay is asked to step in and help, and we decide there's no fault on the seller's part, the defect will be removed.

That's from e-bay return policy....

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

it was a $7 used dvd with free post so it was sent normal post with no tracking

it would make used dvds to expensive to send with tracking they are hard to sell now anyway

i try to make sure mine are the cheapest listed and they are still listed over and over again

i only have a few left so im not sure if i will bother listing again when they finish??

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I have no problem selling used DVD's, although with any more than 1 dvd I am going to charge postage.

Just sent 3 thin DVDs which ended up slightly thicker than 20mm and price went from $1.86 to $7.20

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

cheapest way to post dvd is
either $1.40 or $2.10 depends on weight ...no tracking
or add registered $3.95 cover your did not receive policy....
make sure not more than 20mm thick......
for an $1 investment I take my chances....no tracking .....
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply