any free listings for stores?

saarzi
Community Member

I dont actually need any... im just wondering if Ebay has actually made a concious decision to stop them completely, or limit them now.

I always thought the amount they used to give away, and the timing, was crazy (from a business point of view).

Taking bets on an adjustment in listing benefits for each store levels in the next few months...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: any free listings for stores?

Yes, it takes 4 months to get everything listed, unless they give us extra freebies, in which case you can relist a heap of extra ones and then just untick AR in the month you really want to start them off.

They'll automatically drop into unsold at the end of the fourth cycle unless you remove AR (in the drop down menu to the right of each listing on your selling page). If you remove AR they'll finish their current cycle before they drop into unsold.

You only need to wait till the start of May to do your second 200, or you can spread them out through the month. It depends to a certain extent whether you want them all dropping into unsold together.

You get emails to tell you when they renew every 30 days and when they end (and start, providing you don't bulk relist).
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

ive screen shotted your reply 😉 feel free to delete!!!

Lol.
Look, Actually I doubt ebay is worse off financially. If you bought the feature store, final value fee would go down from 8 to 7 percent. Honestly, that extra 30 bucks you aren't spending every month from staying on the basic store, could get eaten up very fast by the 1 percent difference. If you are making $3000 in sales every month, that 1 percent equals $30. The advantage in your system is you are getting 800 listings not 500. The disadvantage is you are doing a lot of extra manual work instead of using the Good Till Cancelled function. I'm feeling like that $30 each month (which after factoring in the 1% discount in final value fee's is really only $23 extra, and only if my sales remain at the same volume, which they won't if Im listing more) Is best value for me.
Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Im selling $750 worth each month. If I buy the feature store, I double my listings. Which you would HOPE means I double my sales.

If i'm grossing $1500, 8% is $120. 7% is $105. So really the increase I am paying would only be $15, and I can still use GTC listings. (store increase cost of $30, final value fee saving of $15)

I think I'm going to go with the Feature store!
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

In the collectibles category you pay higher final value fees than the other categories. I sell craft items and pay 9.5% with a basic store. If I had the next level store it'd be 8.5%.

I don't do a lot of extra manual work because I bulk schedule/relist and I don't do it every day. Don't ask because I've already given away too many secrets.  Smiley Wink But, if you're happy to have everything end together you could bulk relist a heap of stuff all at once and it'd take hardly any time at all.

By the way, did you end a listing and see whether you can get AR if you use 30 days instead of GTC? I'm really curious about this now.

Edit:  Don't forget to factor in the extra fees on your postage.  If you send everything in 3kg satchels you need to sell a lot less to be worth paying for a featured store than if you send everything as letters.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

You may still be able to get AR with a feature store but I have no idea on that. If you had just a few on 30 days it might just get you the extra few listings that you need.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

I sell in this category Toys, Hobbies > Miniatures > Other Miniatures
Which I think is 8% yeh? Im a bit nervous now.

Hmm no I haven't been able to replicate the AR by relisting as a 30 day Buy it now listing. Is It meant to be auction only?
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply