any free listings for stores?

saarzi
Community Member

I dont actually need any... im just wondering if Ebay has actually made a concious decision to stop them completely, or limit them now.

I always thought the amount they used to give away, and the timing, was crazy (from a business point of view).

Taking bets on an adjustment in listing benefits for each store levels in the next few months...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Last ones were late Jan. They used to run Mon to Fri or Sun.

I pretty much don't expect them. Their defect system doesn't seem to have got rid of many 'small' sellers, so maybe they figure no freebies might do the trick.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Smiley Sad  I need them and would greatly appreciate them atm (not that I expect them though,  I consider them a great bonus when we do get them) however I think dave may have hit the nail on the head - defect system hasn't killed off all us small sellers yet, but the lack of free listings sure might !

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

How many sellers rushed out and purchased extra stock and filled their stores up thinking it was the end of listing fees? Now the bonus free listings have dried up and they either have to pay to relist all the extra stock or have unsold items in limbo justing waiting and hoping........

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

no they got rid of the free relist up to free times which really affect small sellers like my self I have 200 item listed and sell at most 10  a month. they have removed my free auto  relists because i have extablished accounts. this is why i won't be selling much after the 31st april is at all. if I had great sales I would open a store. I would like to see a fee reduction by 50%

Anthony

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I haven't given up on extra store freebies just yet.  Why would they introduce a history section for the freebies if they don't intend to give us any extras?  I realise it could just be so we can look back and see how many of the normal freebies we've actually used, but I'm hoping that's not the only reason they introduced that feature.

If anyone still gets AR they can have 800 active listings from their 200 monthly freebies if they spread everything out properly.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

@station_master_hobbies wrote:

no they got rid of the free relist up to free times which really affect small sellers like my self I have 200 item listed and sell at most 10  a month. they have removed my free auto  relists because i have extablished accounts. this is why i won't be selling much after the 31st april is at all. if I had great sales I would open a store. I would like to see a fee reduction by 50%

Anthony

I have a store with 1100 listings and about the same feedback and that account has been open for over 6 years, so I reckon that's established.

I get 3 free auto-relists on that account and this one. The store allows me to list for 30 days, so I effectively get 800 free per month. Although I will probably have to pay for about 250 next month, when the January freebies roll over.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Some sellers do not sell at a level of $$$ per annum that seem to trigger the free relists to be removed.

Or if you are registered as a business seller you do not seem get access to the relists either.

Both of these factors may impact on whether a seller has access to free listings.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

I don't know if this applies to stores or not, but I've also noticed that if you relist unsold items using the blue "relist" button, the 3 free relists are not activated - you have to manually revise each individual item to enable the relist-3-times-for-free checkbox. Also, Best Offer is always turned on by default on BINs even if it was never selected, you have to uncheck the box every time. Quite annoying IMO.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Free relists are only for auctions, right?

I only list BIN, and have never noticed a button for it.
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply