anyone got a spare 100k ...........????

Here an interesting auction ............

sure e-bay are rubbing their hands already even before it ends .....

I really can't see the point surely a private auction house be more likely .....

Tho the bidding history might tell the story ....

Wondering if the seller hit it big time or was planned all along ......

Sit down and have a stiff drink .....

One I be watching till the end .......

Crazy Money

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: anyone got a spare 100k ...........????

imastawka
Honored Contributor
3,187 watchers lol, That's a lot of geeks
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

@blackeye123456789 wrote:

sure e-bay are rubbing their hands already even before it ends .....

I really can't see the point surely a private auction house be more likely .....

The US currently has a $750 FVF cap (recently increased from $250, though), so I think for a price like that, eBay might be better value, if auction houses don't cap their fees, anyway. 

There was a rare comic auction a while back that went for over a mil from memory, and bidders had to be pre-approved, plus no online payments were involved (i.e. no PayPal, who have a payment limit anyway - I think it might be $20,000). 

Still crazy, though. I don't mind video games, but I'm certainly not any kind of collector and I'd never spend that much on one, even if I could. Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

WOW

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Someone cancelled a bid for $240K! I'm not into gaming at all, is this game really worth that much to someone?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Just had a good look and to me it smells alot like shill bidding going on anyway so good luck to the winner

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

This is one of those auction where dummy bids go berserck for reason at all, if this ends up being sold and payed for I would be very surprised. These sort come on a regular basis: the auction for the letter E, the auction for the ET shaped cereal, etc.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

From Wiki -

The game is worth up to $38,000 according to the NES Rarity Guide. An eBay auction of a new, factory-sealed version of the game was sold on February 26, 2010 with a winning bid of $41,300, but the winning bidder never paid for the auction won. However, on January 22, 2011, another factory-sealed version of the game sold on eBay. The transaction was completed, and both parties exchanged positive feedback. The copy sold for $22,800.00, the highest confirmed price paid for the game.

Highest confirmed price ever is $22k.  If someone wants this game, they can go through many other avenues to get it much, much less than 100K.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Not surprise to see those Bid retraction as it coming to an end .........

still interesting how it will pan out ......

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Yeah, last time I looked it was AU$122,000 odd

Back down to $49,000 and some change.

Still ridiculously high

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply