are books just terrible sellers or what?

nobody wants books ive found. theyre bulky junk that are impossible to get rid of, they have NEGATIVE VALUE most of th etime because there's an associated cost with disposing of them.

i stuggle to sell them anywhere, and even worse because of the way AusPost calculates shipping (width of item) the minimum shipping fee on them, even small books like a pocket dictionary is normally about $9.00, making them even more impossible to get rid of. ive had buyers try to scab a four book bundle off me for $1 and i took it because i knew nobody else would buy them anyway.

NEVER buying a book again becausae when or if you ever wanna re-sell it you know you wont be able to get rid of it without dumping it in a charity bin somewhere (where  it'll just be thrown in a regular bin after most likely).

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: are books just terrible sellers or what?

@jamesgriffindubbo wrote:

yes, that is exactly what i want. i want to be validated both in my hatred of australia post's standards and  the difficulty a simple man has had in getting rid of his excess, unneeded junk.

You won't get that here.

AP's standards are clearly advertised, and your difficulties are your own issue.

Give them to an Op shop or your local library, or Lifeline  if you won't take the time to make them, at least, likely to sell. As you have constantly claimed, they are junk. You price them as junk. Junk them.

Message 51 of 68
Latest reply

yes, that is exactly what i want. i want to be validated both in my hatred of australia post's standards and  the difficulty a simple man has had in getting rid of his excess, unneeded junk.

Here's an all-purpose gesture of protest and disapproval for everything you may wish to direct it at:

Image result for down with this sort of thing

Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

AP's standards are criminal, indicative of a criminal organisation that operates a monopolistic, vampiric cabal sucking the bone marrow dry of its customers

MY difficulties are in fact EVERYBODY's difficulties in being forced to interface with this criminal mafia on a regular basis

Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

do you know how to make

arrows

don't worry don't worry you'll learn

Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

I would recommend a health care worker.

Most online sellers work with the services available, AP or otherwise.

YOUR issues seem to be with the fact that you don't know how to price your items with regard to the postage costs you will incur, if you ever sell them.

Give it a rest, please. You came in arguing that selling books wasn't viable. Now you are claiming that AP's prices are the problem. You were given multiple instances and advice as to how to make it viable. You come back with an AP conspiracy theory.

At your prices I could make a decent profit buying from you, but I doubt you would be proactive if there was an issue.

Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

Incorporate the postage cost into your future listings and sell with free postage I do and it works for me.

Find out the weight and size of postage costs for your items and then just add them to the price simple as that.

Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

this makes no difference to anything, buyers know youre doing this and still avoid buying anyway

Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

this makes no difference to anything, buyers know youre doing this and still avoid buying anyway

Just pointing out an option you may try and see what happens.

If nothing changes when you keep on sticking to your own morals then try something different.

Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

This thread is a big yikes
Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

yes, a site that is choccers full of bargain bin hunting scabs will be turned on by price hikes

Your contempt for your potential buyers is appalling. Even if you're calling them "bargain bin hunting scabs" in a partially tongue-in-cheek way, the tincture of contempt is still there.

You seem to have nothing but disdain for your books, your potential buyers, and Australia Post.

If all that you want to do is behave insultingly and demean your stock, you are not the sort of seller from whom I would buy. People on this thread have tried to give you some helpful and sympathetic advice, but you've done nothing but stamp on the advice as if each piece were a cockroach whose crunchy sounds of pulverisation made your lip curl with pleasure, while continuing to express negativity and a lack of willingness even to consider other people's suggestions.

Oh well.

Perhaps you will have some better selling ideas yourself.

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply