aus post is going to employ machines to deliver parcels

just read page 3 of the sun today  ap are going to buy drones for $10.000 each they can carry 2kg  and go 25k   but are looking at ones that can carry 10kg.  they only made over 3 billion profit on parcels last year. now they want to get robots to deliver there parcels.

i just want to know how are these drones going to knock on your door   or card you. then again the last couple of deliveries we got they did not knock on my door either. lol

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: aus post is going to employ machines to deliver parcels

I read the same report.

We're obviously entering a brave new world where drones are going to be common, but I'm wondering about air crashes. It's going to get busy up there.

Has anyone ever had a look at the early movies of traffic in Melbourne? I did (wish I had the link now to show you) and I have never seen anything like it. I was shocked at how busy and chaotic it was, people, horses, trams all going every which way (except the tram, it was on a  track but kids jumped on and off the back of it.) Not all that much traffic really when you counted it but the lack of coherent road rules made it look like bedlam.

It's going to be like that with drones, only this time just a little way up in the sky because they'll keep it under the flight paths & it won't be under air traffic control yet.

My main concern is yes, it may find your house, but where will it choose to drop the parcel? Let's face it, it isn't going to go up onto the porch or pop it discretely behind a pot plant or anything, is it?

The parcel is just as likely to end up on your front lawn, next to the footpath. Or on your nature strip, who knows. It's bad enough how newspapers get thrown anywhere these days without having drones doing the same with our parcels.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: aus post is going to employ machines to deliver parcels

Well at least it will give stroppy buyers something to complain about other than hard working posties and couriers who just try to do their job to the best of their ability. 

Once they are all out of a job it will not be much use complaining about the drones.....you are unlikely to get any answers from them.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply