australian ombudsman

Jan 5 2023

would anyone have details of australian ombudsan plz to log a complaint. have been trying to resolve account issue for 4 months.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

australian ombudsman

Especially five months after the question was asked.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

australian ombudsman

If you would post here what the problem is the members could point you in the right direction.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

You do not appear to have sold for a significant period,  are you being required to sign on to managed payments to resume selling.

(just a guess)

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Listed item to sell and at auction end buyer canceled sale. I contacted ebay who said all would b fine and do nothing. Thrn ebay kept sending a update yr bank details as u owe us $147.  After contacting them numerous times i was told if i updated details no money would b taken , it would just work out . Wrong . Money was taken out of account so i contacted them again . No problem - money will b returned within 72 hrs. Well tht was 4 months ago. When i try update account details u says unable to verify account. I actually opened a new account yesterday snd tried tht . cant use tht either. Both are nab accounts.  Ebay had no problem taking money from the account  i cant use the money to purchase on ebay and i cant transfer either 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Buyers cannot cancel sales, they can only request a cancellation.

It sounds like you are not signed up for managed payments, which has been in place for more than 2 years.

You need to provide valid photographic ID (passport or driers licence) and also have to verify your bank account (with micro deposits).

With managed payments, all fees are now taken up front at the time of the sale, and the balance is sent to your bank account.

This has ZERO to do with any ombudsman - this is a question of you not staying up to date with the current rules and regulations on Ebay.

I would highly suggest you read the information on managed payments and go through the process properly.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

new message says uostream connect error ir disconnect/reset before headers. Reset reason connected termination. I now have 2 bank accounts. I try updating bank account through there trustly and it says card blocked try manually.  Ive been member 20 plus years . How /where do i upload licence? 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Good grief - what does being a member for 20 years have to do with anything?

Isn't there a red banner in your seller hub telling you to sign up for managed payments?

Or anything in your Ebay message centre about it?

Here is the article explaining managed payments and which steps to follow in the correct order - read it thoroughly! IT IS A STEP BY STEP PROCESS. Bank account verification only happens at the end, once your ID is verified.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/registering-seller/selling/registering-seller?id=4792&st=3&pos=3&query=...

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Maybe selling isn't for you.  It is your responsibility to keep up to date with rules & regs as they change frequently.  You can open a dozen bank accounts but that is not going to help.  Read the info that has been provided and follow each step as you go. 

If it is this a/c you are referring to it has been over 12 months since you sold.  There have been dozens of changes in that time.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Hi just checking how to do I post a question here in regards to a buyer that have received the item but changed her mind and raising a dispute saying that itโ€™s โ€œnot authenticโ€ as an excuse to return the item because the shoes didnโ€™t fit her, although I have given her all the measurements and asked her to try the shoes at the boutique physically before purchasing? Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

australian ombudsman

Go to the link below and click on "start a conversation"

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/bd-p/2500000010

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply