buyer claims accidental purchase

ok, so an item gets sold, then confirmation of payment, then a cancel sale message.

claims he was looking at my item on a phone, put the phone in his pocket and it magically bought and paid for the item.

i thought there were several steps before you commit to buy then further steps to pay for an item.

my items are not pay on the spot.

what do i do?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: buyer claims accidental purchase

is it now ok to relist my item?

its still in my sold list with a message from ebay 'eBay note: We're just waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund for this order.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@davidc4430wrote:

is it now ok to relist my item?

its still in my sold list with a message from ebay 'eBay note: We're just waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund for this order.

Yes, the advice not to relist it before a cancellation is finalised is more to do with the UPI process where the buyer may still pay for the item before the case is closed.

In this case, the buyer doesn't want the item, and can't repay, so you're free to list it again.

The buyer needs to confirm for the FVF to be credited, or if they don't it will be credited after 10 days. 

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

I had one the other day:

This was accidentally purchased by my toddler could we please organiZe a refund😖🙏🏻

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

i-didnt-know-commit-to-buy-meant-you-need-to-pay.jpg

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

We had a seller who won an auction & didn't pay. An invoice was sent, then a reminder, a case opened, then closed, all with no response.

A few weeks later a message arrived asking if the item would ever be sent !!!

We replied (politely) that the sale had been cancelled through Ebay's unpaid item process.

Days later we got a screen shot from their phone of their winning bid notification with no message, just a row of question marks.

We replied (still politely - amazingly) that yes, they had the winning bid. But they never paid. Told them to contact Ebay if they thought they had.

Unsurprisingly we never heard back.

Not just dumb, but also lacking in any courtesy.
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Sounds very much liker a buyer I had

Same story, was the highest bidder. Ignored invoice,ignore reminder,ingored unpaid item case........three weeks (mind you) later messaged and asked when I intended posting (with the ???!!!!)

Responded that they had not paid and not responded to the invoice,messages or unpaid dispute and hence I would not be posting ........

Their response  " But I won the auction'

And this was not a newbie either and had a few hundred feedbacks (both as a buyer and a seller)

Ugh

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply