buyer felt paid too much and left negative unjustified feedback with untrue fact

Well, the buyer left me negative feedback without contacting me, the feedback reads

'I have paid 100 dollars for shipping! Just DO NOT buy from this seller! He lies!'

I've no idea why he did that. Have contacted him but no reply.

The shipping cost is $56 USD, ship a 5.1KG order from China to Isreal via international express, that's not too much right?

Also isn't the buyer confirmed how much shipping he's going to pay before making the payment?

Also don't know why he thinks I lied to him. 

Have contact eBay about this but got reply said 

'We've looked into the feedback you've received for this item and it is allowed under our policies.

We won't remove feedback on the grounds that a seller believes a comment is untrue or undeserved.'

So such defamation with incorrect fact is good in eBay's eye?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

buyer felt paid too much and left negative unjustified feedback with untrue fact

Listing of the item in question showed postage as US$40.70 - approx. $A54. 

So why was he charged "100 dollars"?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Perhaps customs duty?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@sunbrisbane wrote:

Well, the buyer left me negative feedback without contacting me, the feedback reads

'I have paid 100 dollars for shipping! Just DO NOT buy from this seller! He lies!'

I've no idea why he did that. Have contacted him but no reply.

The shipping cost is $56 USD, ship a 5.1KG order from China to Isreal via international express, that's not too much right?

Also isn't the buyer confirmed how much shipping he's going to pay before making the payment?

Also don't know why he thinks I lied to him. 

Have contact eBay about this but got reply said 

'We've looked into the feedback you've received for this item and it is allowed under our policies.

We won't remove feedback on the grounds that a seller believes a comment is untrue or undeserved.'

So such defamation with incorrect fact is good in eBay's eye?

I had a buyer left feedback stating I sent him abusive messages. I contacted CS and had a rep go through our exchange of messages. She confirmed the buyer was abusive, but all of my messages where polite and reasonable. So what was the end result ????

Ebay left the feedback there as it was the buyers perception.....Smiley Mad 

So in answer to your question, Yes defamation and untrue feedback statements which can damage a sellers business appear to be fine as far as ebay are concerned.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

i initially thought maybe the "$100" he was referring to was US$56 in his local currency - but it appears that that'd be about ILS$200. 

my pet hate is when people leave feedback comments about price when they made the individual choice to purchase the item for the price including postage that it was listed at. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ok, got some progress on this now, However by examining the FedEx invoice the buyer shown to me, it is all in Hebrew, and I can not tell whether it is an importing tax. The buyer claimed it was something about storage fee, computing fee etc, but not importing tax. I guess FedEx Israel call the importing tax differently, or Israel just have some extra fees other than importing tax. Thus the buyer is angry and negative my feedback . Though eBay can see he paid $56 shipping, eBay said his feedback is ok.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply