buyer keeps on selecting local pickup when they want item posted

So received an offer for an item but saw that the buyer was about 1.5 hours drive away so confirmed that they correctly picked 'local pick up'

they said no, they want it posted + $x so i told them i'll be declining the offer please resubmit it selecting postage... 

they end up submitting an offer with local pick up again but with the original offer amount + postage amount... i declined writing the comment saying that i asked them to select the postage option

They obviously didn't see the decline comment and messaged me saying why did i decline it and i told them, i asked them to select postage and they said its not an option for them... i checked the listing and there's no issues with it like any of the recent stuff i sold.

Then the buyer contacts again saying that he'll submit a new offer but he'll need to put the price as the original amount otherwise he'll be double charged for the postage amount.... and that i need to accept it this time

Is some kind of trick to accept local pickup and then he said we never met up and get a refund? can you even generate a shipping label via ebay that can be track against the order or will it be all off site opening me to being scammed?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Offers and counter offers, are all made, without postage price included.

From memory it states in the offer that postage is not included in the price being offered.  The person making the offer does not get to select pick up or postage at this time.

Tip (from ebay help)
Your offer only applies to the item price. Postage costs and all the other terms specified in the seller's listing remain the same.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Offers and counter offers, are all made, without postage price included.

From memory it states in the offer that postage is not included in the price being offered.  The person making the offer does not get to select pick up or postage at this time.

Tip (from ebay help)
Your offer only applies to the item price. Postage costs and all the other terms specified in the seller's listing remain the same.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you are not happy with the offer, or that they want local pickup, decline and block the buyer simple really.   You are not forced to accept an offer.  

If you don't block them (not sure why you wouldnt), and they purchase without an offer,  just cancel the order as problem with buyers address.  But just block them,  did I mention to block them.

It sounds more like a misunderstanding of how offers work on your part,  but just block them.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

sorry misread your post and replied. I'll accept your post as the solution.

From all the offers i've receieved I never got a 'local pick up' show up as the delivery method so it thought it was bizarre. thanks for clarifying.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply