buyer pays for item and 5 minutes later wants to cancel

ok a buyer was making a best offer on one of my items, we go back and forth until we agree on a price, he pays for it. then around 5-10 minutes later asks wants to cancel and get a refund.
i havent posted it out yet but since i have a "no returns" listed on this item. am i forced to cancel and refund his money? or can i say "bad luck its yours now"?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: buyer pays for item and 5 minutes later wants to cancel

Be careful of mucking him around.....he can still leave feedback if the transaction is cancelled.

If you are obliging but he still leaves bad feedback you can probably get ebay to remove it.   If you muck him around ebay would probably take the attitude that it was deserved.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Just give the guy his money back, block him from ever buying from you again and move on. If you sweat the small stuff, it just ends up messing with your head and makes ebay just as unpleasant for you as the idiot buyer.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Hehe!! I do like Tippy’s suggestion, ‘Give the baby it’s bottle.’

Brightened my day a bit 🙂

But OP, Tippy and the others are right, for your own sake. Experience speaks with good guidance - give the baby its bottle!

Move on to greener pastures.

Melina.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

You can safely choose "buyer has requested to cancel" and this will not get you a defect.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Just dealing with this carp right now with an expensive item.

Customer says may have been hacked.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Customer says, ‘May have.’

Hmmmm??

Melina.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply