buyer would like to buy for lower price while on active auction but no bids

I have  a current auction but no bids. Buyer asked if I would sell to him for just under auction price, how do i do that?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: buyer would like to buy for lower price while on active auction but no bids

You could wait until the auction ends and then do a buy it now listing?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Here is some info on ending a listing early (you could end listing now and put it as a new buy-it-now listing for your buyer)

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/end_early.html

Might be helpful if it is 'time sensitive', involves a pick up/weekend etc

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you will have a look at site

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

If you have no bids and it is more than 12 hours before the end of auction you can end the item now, and set the BIN at the price agreed and let the buyer know.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

May I add to that, something I have found useful, is when relisting for a specific buyer, I set it as a BIN with best Offer. I put the BIN at an exceptionally high price so that surely only a complete donut would purchase it at that price (but if they do i will of course source one to supply their order).

Let your buyer know to submit their best Offer at the price agreed and you will accept that.

This just helps to make sure that no one else buys the item. If you get other offers, you can reject them or supply if you have the stock, but you have more control over getting the item to the person intended.

It also makes it a bit easier as you don't have to synchronize watches with your trading partner. Because even if you do manage to both be at the computer at the same time, there is no guarantee when eBay will let your item go live.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

When I have relisted an item for a specific person, I add to the title and description "Private listing for such and such" or "custom listing for such and such" (using their ID with permission or other identifying thing) and then send the buyer the link as soon as available. So far have not had a problem with someone else trying to jump in and grab that listing.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I've had no one actually buy an item like that Chezz, but I did once have an enquiry about one!

I had listed a heap of comic books for a customer.

Cant remember the title, but in the description just wrote something like 45 comic books for Johnny

and someone PMd me and asked which numbers were in the listing.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had a BIN listing swiped from under my nose between the time the seller listed it and emailed me to let me know and I went back to her shop....must have been all of 10 minutes.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply