can't open unpaid case, forced to wait 8 days to cancel sale instead of opening unpaid case

ozoom
Community Member

ebay has done it again, with its insane buyer protection mindset.

I sold an item and no payment received after 4 days but now I cannot open an unpaid case. The only option is to cancel the sale after 8 days is passed.

This means from now on buyers can feel free not to pay and won't get unpaid strike. Seller needs to wait 8 days to cancel the sale even they do NOT want to cancel the sale. Cancellation will be the ONLY option to get your fees back and non paying buyers can muck around with many more sellers without being caught.

ever since ebay forced sellers to bear the return postage (unconditional, even buyer bought the wrong item or change of mind or whatever reason) I lost 99% faith on ebay and it's creating a unfair playground for sellers and it's just getting worse.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

can't open unpaid case, forced to wait 8 days to cancel sale instead of opening unpaid case

jbmbkb
Community Member

,i already lost all faith in selling on ebay and stopped altogether 

EBAY IF YOUR READING THIS YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR SELLERS THE WAY ITS GOING

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I'm waiting to open a UPI at the moment. Has not reached the minimum 4-days yet, but will do later this evening.

So will be interesting to see if it also fails here after the exact 4-th day to the second has expired.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I was able to open one this morning. Used Chrome if that's of any help. Interesting that it's now 'Report Unpaid item' and not 'Resolve a problem.'

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I had no problem opening one yesterday but you do have to wait until 4 days to the minute have gone by, it won't work at 3 days 23 hours and 59 minutes Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

ozoom
Community Member

date of sale is 17 Nov 2015 now almost 6 days, when I click "report unpaid item" I was taken to Cancel page!!!

I did NOT click "cancel order" link.

This is insane. Why can't I start an unpaid case???

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Cancel this order

You can't cancel this order quite yet.The buyer has 8 days to pay for an order. If you haven't been paid by Nov 24, you can cancel this order. We'll send you a final value fee credit straight away, and you can relist the item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

So I wonder what will be the point of unpaid item strikes if we can't issue these cases.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Oh well, that amounts to the same thing (8 days total before you get you fees back etc).  Maybe it was p*****g buyer off too much giving out unpaid case warnings.... awful fallout if spiteful buyers subsequently paid.   I hope they still get a strike though.  Actually looking forward to testing this.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I was just able to open my UPI case in the usual way once the 4-days ticked over to the miniute.

So all looks normal here.... for now.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

You should probably get in touch with eBay directly (ask them to call you back), as it seems to be ok for others.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply