cancelling a bid

When cancelling a bid i have to type in a reason for it.So since it is a week of bidders who have more than usual bad luck buying things online i guess I'd better ask the selling peoples.

Is there any reason that eBay do not like for cancelling a bid?How important is it what you write there?

I have an dress ending Sunday & the bid today was by a seller who has left a few bad comments,negs & neutrals but resold the items anyway.A hint of PayPal disputes too & i don't like her.Nothing wrong with the dress I've listed but she might very well say there is by the look of it.

What can my reason to cancel be?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cancelling a bid

You can enter what ever you like as ebay really do not care and make sure you add that buyer to your blocked bidder list as well or they can rebid.

All you have to enter is bid not accepted

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cancelling a bid

You can enter what ever you like as ebay really do not care and make sure you add that buyer to your blocked bidder list as well or they can rebid.

All you have to enter is bid not accepted

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

Thanks,was just wondering cos i cancelled bids on 3 items from 1 bidder this week already.Thought I'd better check before i can this new one.I think I'll go with bid not accepted.

I blocked her & her 1 follower that sells the same stuff & lives in the same postcode,which is possibly another Id.Peoples be tricky.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

Unless there are less than 12 hours to go I always tell bidders to withdraw their own bids and tell them how to do it as then it shows up on their feedback page. They can also have their buying privileges suspended if they withdraw too many bids.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

PJ the OP is the seller and wants to cancel a bid by a bidder with "iffy" feedback.   I doubt that the bidder would do it voluntarily.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

Let me guess, it was your City Chic outfits she was bidding on? I still find it funny that she loses money on some of the items she resells. I know that sounds horrible, but I have no time for sellers like her that scream foul for their own personal gain.

It would be interesting to know how many of the items she's bought she got a refund for because they were faulty, but then resells them in excellent condition.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

Yes it was the City Chic dress, i knew your sharp eye would catch all the bad things with that ID Smiley Happy

I cancelled the bid with the "not accept bid" thanks sparklz.I looked at the new bid i got since & noticed at the bottom of that page that the reason for the cancel is available to the seller & the bidder.I guess it has to be worded well just for the dodgy bidder's sake.

I guess pumpkin or maybe I should call her puss from 03 wasn't very happy cos she message me this morning wanting to know why & I'm not inclined to answer.I tell you the other one this week asked me too & i was channeling digi ghost for a very politic reply Smiley LOL But this one i can't answer without offence.

eBay selling makes me unhappy this week.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

Would be interesting to know what the current bidder on that dress is selling, because she too has a lot of bids happening in clothing at the moment too. Not from the same area by any chance?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

The sheep is psychic Smiley LOL the new bidder popped up 1hr after i cancelled the dodgy one & she also sells the same thing.God's eyes woman,it's like cutting off Medusa's snake,3 grow back in it's place.

The new one deletes her old listings & hasn't got anything currently listed so i can't see if she's from the same area but the fb is all good.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

cancelling a bid

@2011.narelle wrote:

.I tell you the other one this week asked me too & i was channeling digi ghost for a very politic reply Smiley LOL But this one i can't answer without offence.

"After very careful consideration, I had to make this difficult decision based on whether I (and this item) was going to be able to meet your needs. I apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience" (Second sentence optional).

😛

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply