cancelling an ebay postage label so buyer can pick up instead

chezzy
Community Member

Hi folks

I sold an item that was BIN/immediate payment (I do this because of non paying bidders in the past). I created the label but realising the buyer lived only a few suburbs away felt it would be nice to allow them to pick up/meet up next time we are in the area (have family that way). They seem very happy with that and don't mind waiting.

My concern is whether I can simply reverse/cancel the label (I see there is a link in the label confirmation email allowing me to cancel it within 5 days) and if there are any chances of me getting a defect for delaying the postage now that ebay has the tracking details/label confirmation?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: cancelling an ebay postage label so buyer can pick up instead

Use the link to cancel the label. Your money won't be credited back to your account for a bit while they check and make sure that you didn't use the label. When you meet your buyer ask them if they wouldn't mind leaving feedback and either tick the box for item received in time or not to answer the question at all. Most buyers are quite understanding if you explain what ticking the No box does to sellers. Just remember that you will still have been charged eBay's fee on the postage component even if you refund it.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for that, forgot about being charged a fee on postage. I think to avoid delays and the other issues

it might be better if I just go ahead and post the goods. As it could be another fortnight before I have a

chance to be in the area. The reason I use BIN and ebay labels is to streamline things!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

late shipping defects are generated either by carrier when tracking says its late, which it wont if not posted, or by buyer selected not delivered by, in which case just remoind them not to do that. Common sense says they wont, but there is no gurantee.

TBH once a sale has been made on basis of posting I would post it, otherwise you introduce potential complications which you need not.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply