click and collect not appearing on eligible items

Hi there

I listed an item which qualifies for click and collect and I have this activated.  It did not appear as an option on my listing.  Contacted ebay who said the item could take 72 hours for the click and collect option to appear as the system has to evaluate this.  More than 72 hours have passed and no click and collect appearing on the listing.  Contacted ebay chat and was advised system evaluates, sometimes click and collect works and other times it doesn't.  Does anyone else have this problem or know a work around?  Concerned not offering this when able could deter buyers....especially given theft from letterboxes/front doors!  😞

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Dunno, don't use C & C

But, you have cash on pick up selected, maybe that's the problem?

Maybe if you eliminate that from the payment option it may work?

You can't offer click and  collect in the blurb if it doesn't show.

Ebaay sends a code to the buyer when it's due to be collected.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Big W and other C&C points have known to lose packages.

I would opt out.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Agreed, I would'nt touch c&c with a plastic one

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

A lot of buyers think that Click and Collect on eBay is the same as Click and Collect from stores such as Myer, David Jones, JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, Woolworths, Coles, etc. That is, they think it's a case of ordering the items, the staff take the items off the shelves and put them in the storage room near the service counter (or whatever area is put aside for click and collect items), and the buyer goes to pick up the items with no delivery cost being involved.

That's not the only issue. Some buyers never receive the Click and Collect code, so they can't go and pick up the item.

Sometimes the item can't be found at the Click and Collect location.

It's just an extra step and an extra chance for something to go wrong, in my view.

But if you feel that Click and Collect is definitely something you want to offer, you should of course go ahead with including it on your listings. Have you enabled Click and Collect in your Site Preferences (under Account tab)?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

As others are telling you, Click and Collect has a lot of problems and there have been many posts about this. I am so glad eBay has not added it to my listings and if they did, I would be getting it removed.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  I might try not using cash on pick up next time and see, but am sure I have been able to click and collect and also cash on pickup on a previous item a while ago.  Things change though...   I only included the C & C option within the descripton as I rang ebay support who advised me it would show up but might take up to 72 hours !  Was told some items get checked for eligibility for C & C before appearing.  I personally thought this was a weird answer...  🙂

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.. Not good you have had that experience.  I've only used it as buyer and seller a handful of times and luckily no problems.  🙂  Nothing's guaranteed though.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply...interesting C & C not recommended.... Something for me to keep in mind.  Appreciate your feedback.  🙂

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  A bit of an opener the responses on C & C!    Yes, I checked I had C & C enabled, which is why I couldn't work out it not appearing as an option.  Ebay confirmed that was all in order when I rang them.  🙂

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply