come on ebay free listings :)

come on ebay show us the xmas spirit with unlimited free listings for EVERYONE for the months of December and January lol

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: come on ebay free listings :)

Who is to decide what is junk? Treasures and good finds are as varied as all of the 'junk' listed on ebay.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Regardless of all our theories ultimately free listings means more income for eBay...

They may make more income from extra freebies but it may cost them a lot more per sale to maintain the site. Just as an example, if 10% of the standard 40 freebies sell but only 2% of an extra 80 freebies sell, then ebay's servers have to support three times as many listings for only a marginal increase in sales - so maintenance costs triple but income doesn't.

Buyers also have to wade through three times as many listings, most of which aren't likely to sell.

For non-store sellers, I support the idea of "the more you sell, the more freebies you'll get", which I'm pretty sure is what the 2664 freebies are about (only for sellers with a good turnover of items).

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

I see the same logic: more listings means more sales and income for me, PayPal and eBay.

But I think at the moment, this is the "silly month" and eBay are holding back the little sellers in order to give big stores, with no doubt really big contracts, a really strong go instead.  It could be this way every Xmas from now.  Hopefully we get some freebies next month/year.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply