complaints

I have sold one thing on ebay. It was sold for $200. My money is on hold in paypal for 21 days because I am new. Fair enough. Now ebay charge me $41 seller fees. That is a complete rip off. I should have been CLEARLY informed of this before I put anything up for sale. A breach of the consumer protection code. Nowhere to lodge a complaint. Perhaps the ombudsman?? As soon as my leftover $159 is through I am closing my account. Outdated and expensive way to trade anyhow

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: complaints

@grannygreylegs wrote:

I have sold one thing on ebay. It was sold for $200. My money is on hold in paypal for 21 days because I am new. Fair enough. Now ebay charge me $41 seller fees. That is a complete rip off. I should have been CLEARLY informed of this before I put anything up for sale. A breach of the consumer protection code. Nowhere to lodge a complaint. Perhaps the ombudsman?? As soon as my leftover $159 is through I am closing my account. Outdated and expensive way to trade anyhow

If only I had a dollar for everytime we read that statement. I can pretty much guarantee that if we check your account in 12 months time, it will still be active and there will be an increase in feedback. Maybe not for selling, but an increase regardless. So many disgruntled members state they are going to close their account, thinking eBay care. Well, they don't. You are less than a blip on their radar.

Maybe you should have read the rules before listing. There are no secrets surrounding the fees. They are easily accessible by anyone. Maybe you should have listed your item in the local paper. See how much that would have cost. I can tell you now, it would be way more than $41.

As for being CLEARLY informed, just above the listing button is a message stating that fees will apply if the items sell. How much more CLEARLY informed do you want?

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

also, if the listing was promoted, this could have attracted additional fees depending on what percentage the seller put it at. 

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Final Fees $21.80

Postage Label (showing for Qld) $17.40

Final Value Fees on Postage  $ 2.00

= $41.20

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

But postage isn't a fee lol so - $17.40 and the postage fee should only be $1.74 =10%

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

it sounds like you have read the guidelines for selling on ebay

can I ask you a question please

is it possible for me to sell an item via drop shipping just using the information supplied by the Chinese manufacturer in the add on ebay

without physically checking that the item actually is and dose as advertised ?

thank you

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Drop-shipping opens you up to a world of seller perils where your customer's satisfaction is completely taken out of your hands. Doubly so if you've never sold on eBay before, which appears to be the case with your account.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@grannygreylegs wrote:

If only I had a dollar for everytime we read that statement. I can pretty much guarantee that if we check your account in 12 months time, it will still be active and there will be an increase in feedback. Maybe not for selling, but an increase regardless. So many disgruntled members state they are going to close their account, thinking eBay care. Well, they don't. You are less than a blip on their radar.

Maybe you should have read the rules before listing. There are no secrets surrounding the fees. They are easily accessible by anyone. Maybe you should have listed your item in the local paper. See how much that would have cost. I can tell you now, it would be way more than $41.

As for being CLEARLY informed, just above the listing button is a message stating that fees will apply if the items sell. How much more CLEARLY informed do you want?

Well, I'll eat my hat. The OP did do as promised and closed her account. Now I don't know what to think!!!

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Well, I'll eat my hat.

Your sourdough might be a tad tastier Tippy.     original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@007mauriceb wrote:

it sounds like you have read the guidelines for selling on ebay

can I ask you a question please

is it possible for me to sell an item via drop shipping just using the information supplied by the Chinese manufacturer in the add on ebay

Yes, it is entirely possible to do this but very ill advised.

For a start, if you have not actually seen the item you are putting all your trust in the Chinese manufacturer.....you only have to read the boards to know how safe that is.

Under normal circumstance you may feel this is an acceptable risk to take (I personally would not) but these are far from normal times.  There is a pandemic raging around the world and shipping worldwide is horrendous....many countries have virtually closed down all their mail services.

Even if your Chinese manufacturer can ship the items there is no guarantee that your buyer will be able to receive it.

And who will the buyer blame?    YOU!!!!

I can almost gurantee that if you try dropshipping now you will only ever sell one item and your feedback will be a big fat negative.....your selling career will be dead in the water.

Now is not the time to try selling on ebay and certainly not using dropshipping which is the most "iffy" method of getting stock.

without physically checking that the item actually is and dose as advertised ?

thank you

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Is it ebays role to police the fact there are unverified items being sold on ebay or up to the seller

why does ebay allow sellers to constantly sell items that are mis advertised

who do you think would be legaly responsable if someone is harmed or dies from an item that is purchased on ebay

it seem like there is a posability of big problems.

i have never thought about this?? there must be a list of banned items that cannot be sold on ebay

i am thinking too much 

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply