complaints

I have sold one thing on ebay. It was sold for $200. My money is on hold in paypal for 21 days because I am new. Fair enough. Now ebay charge me $41 seller fees. That is a complete rip off. I should have been CLEARLY informed of this before I put anything up for sale. A breach of the consumer protection code. Nowhere to lodge a complaint. Perhaps the ombudsman?? As soon as my leftover $159 is through I am closing my account. Outdated and expensive way to trade anyhow

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: complaints

you are right i am new to selling i dont even know how you know that

i just replied this to lyndel

Is it ebays role to police the fact there are unverified items being sold on ebay or up to the seller

why does ebay allow sellers to constantly sell items that are mis advertised

who do you think would be legaly responsable if someone is harmed or dies from an item that is purchased on ebay

it seem like there is a posability of big problems.

i have never thought about this?? there must be a list of banned items that cannot be sold on ebay

i am thinking too much 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Well, I'll eat my hat.

Your sourdough might be a tad tastier Tippy.     original.gif

Nope, the hat was probably the tastier option. The sourdough tasted like a raw crumpet, and so dense you could have used it as a trampoline. About to put another in the oven now.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@007mauriceb wrote:

Is it ebays role to police the fact there are unverified items being sold on ebay or up to the seller - IMO, no. Others will disagree.

why does ebay allow sellers to constantly sell items that are mis advertised - Because "mis advertised" is very much subjective. Some listings get removed, some don't.  Consider the volume of listings they have to deal with, and all the different ways something could be considered misrepresented. It's not always black and white, and it's not always obvious without having the item in front of you.

who do you think would be legaly responsable if someone is harmed or dies from an item that is purchased on ebay - Mine, and anyone else's opinion, is effectively irrelevant. There are too many factors to consider.

it seem like there is a posability of big problems. - selling anything anywhere has the potential for problems. But do your research (as you already are), understand the risks, and factor that into your pricing.

i have never thought about this?? there must be a list of banned items that cannot be sold on ebay - There is. Search their help section or google it.

i am thinking too much - Better thank thinking too little or not at all.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@007mauriceb wrote:

Is it ebays role to police the fact there are unverified items being sold on ebay or up to the seller

why does ebay allow sellers to constantly sell items that are mis advertised

who do you think would be legaly responsable if someone is harmed or dies from an item that is purchased on ebay

it seem like there is a posability of big problems.

i have never thought about this?? there must be a list of banned items that cannot be sold on ebay

i am thinking too much 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=420...

The Help button at the top and bottom of every page is a good source, as is the Site Map.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

I have been an eBay member for 20 years and recently sold 3 items. My funds are on hold because I’m in infrequent user or seller they say they do this for the safety of the buyer and seller. Also the item needs to be sent and received by the buyer and then the funds will be available after 24 hours. Gumtrees policy is never send anything until you’ve been paid. Not with eBay. They even charged me 12.181% of the postage costs that the buyer paid and I now have to cough up  and cover. Since I haven’t been a regular seller I am the one who’s being treated as if I’m the scammer. Never again 

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

You agreed to the terms when you listed and ticked you had 'read and agreed to'

You do not get special treatment for being a 'member for 20 years'

The account which you are posting with was opened in 2009, and no recent feedback at all as a seller, all was 'over a year ago'

I started on eBay in 2005 on my selling account, I would also have a hold on funds on that as a 'new seller' if I started up again

Have in indeed completed sign up to Managed Payments and been verified?

The hold will be a lot longer than 30 days if not

Not sure where the '24 hours' after buyer receives comes in, that is not close to correct

All of this information is there and you did not have to proceed with the listing if you did not like the policy

Dragging up a thread from 2019 to complain that you didn't think the policy would actually apply is not going to achieve anything, and certainly won't be seen by anyone from eBay

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@batmon81837 wrote:

Since I haven’t been a regular seller I am the one who’s being treated as if I’m the scammer. Never again 

You may not be the scammer,  but the person who hacked your account may be,.  

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is closed, feel free to start a new conversation

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply