delayed parcel on tracking for 12 days. giving buyer refund but what if parcel then arrives?

Hey, so I sent an item to south australia on the 9th of september. since the 17th the tracking says delayed. The buyer contacted me to look into it and when I spoke to the post office lady she said due to minimal freight flights inot SA that it could take a further few weeks and not to be worried. All of this I passed on to the buyer. But yesterday the buyer opened a request. As her post office people said its most likely lost. I'm of course going to refund her the money, but my question is, if i refund her then the parcel arrives how will I get paid. And if it doesn't arrive how do I get compinsation from the Aus post

Thanks for the help in advance ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

delayed parcel on tracking for 12 days. giving buyer refund but what if parcel then arrives?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have to rely on the honesty of the buyer to repay you if the item arrives after she has been refunded.   Don't hold your breath though....it does not happen very often.

If the item does not arrive you will have to rely on AP declaring it officially lost before they will give you any compensation.  

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Okay thank you for letting me now ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Send Aus Post a PM through their Facebook account asking if they could kindly look into this matter. I find that they are pretty quick in giving a response and sometimes have access to more information that what we can see in the tracking.

I would not give much weight to what the folks at the PO counters say - I much prefer the information direct from customer service.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

hold ON THE SYSTEM have changed EBAY will NOW pay out on lost items as long as there tracking numbers and proof of lodgment.   I would contact ebay ASAP before doing anything refund wise the change came into effect 1st oct 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

More information re the change can be found here.     YOU WILL NOT BE LEFT OUT OF POCKET THIS WAY AND WILL NOT HAVE TO CHASE AUSPOST with new change   https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/New-Tracking-Changes-Will-Come-Into-Effect-Soon/...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply