didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

raron2
Community Member

fees too high for me otherwise as a small time seller

the fee on postage is particurally annoying, I have no choice but to pass this on to buyers

which I am sure turns some byers off, less sales for ebay as well as me

havent been getting the monthly no final value fee or listing fee either

which was fine until $1 weekends stopped

feels like small time sellers arent important to ebay

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My suggestion that you pay for a basic store subscription was a constructive comment, not a put down.

Just try it, it's easy

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/stores

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you had read the boards you would have known that the special promotions have finished at least for now.

If you want to keep selling you will need to accept that you will be paying more fees.

Not sure why you are reticent to pass your fees on to buyers.....most good sellers do.  All overheads should be built into your prices before listing.   A handling fee will help you cover fees.

Small sellers have not been ebay's priority for a very long time.....you need to accept that and decide how to work around it...make ebay work for you rather than curl up and accept that you can't sell because you will be paying more fees.

Message 2 of 86
Latest reply

Pay for a basic store - only $25 a month. 600 free listings, and the final value fees are lower.    With over 400 listings you should have a store anyway

Message 3 of 86
Latest reply

As you can see, we have a store.

We sell very low value items, but still manage to cover the fees with most of them - the others are to tempt buyers to come to our store, and hopefully buy multiple items with one payment.

We also have other id's without a store.

At the moment they have quite a few items waiting to relist using free listings.

If we don't get any for a month or two, we'll move them to this id.

Free listing offers are great, and we take advantage of them when we can, but they shouldn't be relied on to last forever.
Message 4 of 86
Latest reply

Don't forget to end all those listing before they auto relist today.

If my maths is right you'll be charged $622 in listing fees.((417-40)*$1.65)

I would suggest picking the 40 items that you think will sell over the next month, increase their prices to cover the fees. And see how you go. At the end of the month work out whether a store will work for you not.

Message 5 of 86
Latest reply

Yes very guilty of not reading notice boards, havent thought to until now.

My mind is busily occupied with working outside of ebay and maintaing my listings.

As I sell clothing change of season is very busy, as now, when its start from scratch from summer to winter ranges.

I rang ebay 2 weeks ago re $1 weekends and was definitely not given the story they are ending

so was surprised it continued this weekend.

I am reticent about passing on fees to buyers as last week I had 6 sales for athe whole week.

Cant afford to be scaring off any buyers, thankfully this week is proving better

Have to decide if its worth selling as my items are not high profit already, and to pay extra in fees may wipe me out

Will be doing some number crunching

No point being a slave to ebay for little or no profit, hard work has to be rewarded

I do it beacuse I love it and its a boost to my part time wages, will be sad if I have to finnish

Message 6 of 86
Latest reply

@raron2 wrote:

Yes very guilty of not reading notice boards, havent thought to until now.

My mind is busily occupied with working outside of ebay and maintaing my listings.

As I sell clothing change of season is very busy, as now, when its start from scratch from summer to winter ranges.

I rang ebay 2 weeks ago re $1 weekends and was definitely not given the story they are ending

so was surprised it continued this weekend.

I am reticent about passing on fees to buyers as last week I had 6 sales for athe whole week.

Cant afford to be scaring off any buyers, thankfully this week is proving better

Have to decide if its worth selling as my items are not high profit already, and to pay extra in fees may wipe me out

Will be doing some number crunching

No point being a slave to ebay for little or no profit, hard work has to be rewarded

I do it beacuse I love it and its a boost to my part time wages, will be sad if I have to finnish

Before you do any number crunching, you had better end all those listings TOUT SUITE!

See whoisbiggies' $600 WARNING, 2 posts up.

Message 7 of 86
Latest reply

@raron2 wrote:

fees too high for me otherwise as a small time seller

the fee on postage is particurally annoying, I have no choice but to pass this on to buyers

which I am sure turns some byers off, less sales for ebay as well as me

havent been getting the monthly no final value fee or listing fee either

which was fine until $1 weekends stopped

feels like small time sellers arent important to ebay

If sellers don't generate any revenue for ebay, or very minimal revenue, why would they be important to ebay?  Ebay exists to make a profit for its owners so the sellers who are most important to ebay are the ones who makes them the most money while taking up the least space on their servers.  The extra listings with no fees or minimal fees were nice while they lasted but nobody could realistically expect them to last as long as they did.  

I'd like to know the definition of a small seller.  I definitely don't consider someone with hundreds of listings to be a small seller, yet many think they're entitled to more listings than those who pay for stores but they don't consider stores to be small sellers.  I really can't see the logic in that!

Message 8 of 86
Latest reply

Maybe OP has used the quick listing tool and still gets free auto relists.

If they opened a store they wouldn't get any auctions without paying an insertion fee, but they'd probably be just as well off with BIN listings anyway.
Message 9 of 86
Latest reply

The OP has auction listings - they don't apply for the automatic good till cancelled policy, do they?   They just end.   So not $600

Message 10 of 86
Latest reply