do you have to sell to the winning ebayer if you are not happy with what your item sold for at auct

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

do you have to sell to the winning ebayer if you are not happy with what your item sold for at auct

Thankyou for your reply I will adhere to what you've said.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Yes

You listed at a Price so a contract was completed.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

In the future list any item at a starting price that you Will be happy with, even if only one bid.

Take into account a reasonable profit after eBay fees, Paypal fees, shipping cost (if offering free post).

As you cannot pass fees onto a buyer in addition, you need to think about them upfront.

Remember too that eBay takes a cut on the total amount a buyer pays including postage.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You have bought a bit on eBay, imagine how you would feel if you won an item and then the seller just refused to give it to you at the agreed price. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

if you dont sell to the winning bidder your selling life on ebay will be short lived, ebay takes a dim view of anyone breaking the rules.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

As others have said.

You're not a newbie, even as a seller. Surely in the 3 years you have been an active member of eBay you have worked out how it works? If not, why not? Have you read the selling guides? Done the sellers' tutorial? (Yes, because you wouldn't be able to sell otherwise).

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Sellers tutorial?? Where is that???

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

From personal experience as a buyer, you won't be banned from selling if you don't (although you very well should be).
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:

Sellers tutorial?? Where is that???

I did them ages ago, but just had a look and can't find them anywhere. I'm sure they'd still be in there somewhere, but as for where is anyone's guess!

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Disappeared.       I've looked everywhere.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

That's a shame because some of them were quite good. There's plenty of videos, but I liked the interactive tutes with the multiple choice questions.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply