eBay Seller Account

Hi!,

I have a new account on eBay that I was building up and was going to use for my niche. However so far my feedback is still small. And due to me offering a refund to a customer through paypal directly and not through eBay (due to my lack of knowledge) I picked up a defect on this account.

However I am starting this business with my wife and she has an eBay account which I'm thinking of using for my imported products. I have a few Questions please if some one can answer.

1. My wife's eBay account has about 30 feedback but only 9 of those are from selling. The rest are from Buying. Will this effect anything if we choose to use this account to start our business?

2. I checked her Seller Dashboard and her rating is above standard. 

- No defect rating

- Looks all good

3. In her inbox I noticed that a customer won an item from auction over 3 months ago and the winning bidder messaged my wife to pick it up and my wife forgot about it and never replied to the purchaser, but they nevery left negative feedback, or opened up a dispute claim. 

Also in the selling/Sold tab there is nothing showing as not sent, etc, as the listing was more than 60 days ago.

4. Can the buyer still leave negative feedback for this listing? Can they still open a dispute? Should I contact the buyer and offer them compensation for this? Or just let it go?

I know my wife has been a bit careless with this account but she's new to eBay and I want to take over it and offer exceptional customer service and treat it very professionally. 

Is there anything I've listed to stop me from using this account as strictly for selling? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay Seller Account

Having buyer feedback won't hurt & will help bolster up your numbers. I use my seller account for buying as well so 500 of my ratings are as a buyer.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@petdiscounts wrote:

Hi, they never made a payment. It was a large item so it was probably COD. I checked paypal statements and nothing showing.

I hope you realise that COD does not mean cash on pick up but cash on delivery, if you offer COD as a payment method you might have a problem dragging a wardrobe or similar into the post office and askiing for it to be sent COD Smiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

hahaha, that's what I meant ๐Ÿ˜„ cash on pick up ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I just heard that eBay keep an eye on people who try to buy feedback ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks for your answer ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Buying feedback and buying items you want and getting feedback are 2 entirely different things. It's often suggested to new members with 0 or low feedback to buy a few cheap things from a few Chinese sellers (1c-$2) to gain some feedback. They can then resell those items if they wish. Chinese sellers nearly always leave feedback, so it's a great way of earning a few points.

That is different to sellers selling feedback, whereby you pay $1 but don't actually get anything for it apart from a feedback dot.

You will more than likely be subjected to PayPal's 21 day hold, which lasts for 3 months. If you upload tracking numbers into PayPal as well as eBay, they should automatically release the funds within a few days of tracking showing as delivered. If they don't, a quick phone call will see them release it while you're on the phone. They only require the tracking number so they can check.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply