eBay Seller Fees for Collectables are TOO HIGH

Seller fees for Collectibles are way too high. There should not be 3 tiers of fees with collectables in the highest paying tier. It's unfair. In most cases with Coins eBay's profit is twice the seller's profit margin. eBay needs to democratise fees and stop keeping the billionaires rich.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I reckon I've read that post umpty million times and I can't make heads nor tails of it.

Coins aren't in Collectables for a start.

The title says the fees are too high for collectables, then goes on to say Collectables

should be in the highest paying tier.

If ebay is making more money than you are - from their fees, then I suggest you up your prices, or find a better deal for buying your stock.

I'm in Collectables, and I sure as hell don't wanna pay any more than I have to.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Go through a B&M auction house then.

I think most only charge about 20%. Plus a fee to the buyer which most would factor into their maximum bid.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

OPs items aren't listed in collectables? also stop it stawka if OP ups the prices then I won't be able to afford them Woman Surprised

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Coins are one area where you can make big profit when I used to sell coins I based my profits on 80% at least and more than often I made 200-300% profit.

I see plenty of coin sellers that are making huge profits and some that I'm sure are loosing big time with the auctions.

So if ebay's fees are around 10% then OP's profit margin is only 5% why and how?

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Yeah, doesn't make any sense, Eezi

All my selling life, sales were based on 300% profit. 

Anything less and it wasn't worth it.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Coins and Collectibles both pay 8.5%. Wholesalers in Australia offer between 10-15% off on New release Royal Australian Mint Coins and other world coins- silver only gets a 10% discount to dealers, and depending on the purchase volume you often get charged postage. PayPal fees are between 2% and 5%. Work it out- Their is virtually no profit margin. RAM has cut back its wholesale also wanting to make all the profit themselves without giving out supply to dealers- coin shops are shutting down and the Mint only offers contracts to physical shop owners. and dealers with websites.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Prices cannot be 'upped' on Recommended Retail until the Royal Australian Mint sells out, and every dealer is in direct competition with the mint.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Good for you- you were obviously not selling coins and collectables.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

You can't find a better deal for stock buy in Australia. The mint supplies a couple of large wholesalers- 15% is the best deal on offer, and as I said you need a physical shop plus a website to get a mint ciontract and they are cutting back on those as they have decided to cut back all wholesaler and dealer allocations and sell the coins themselves. The mint will not allow the RRP to be @upped@ until they sell out. If you have seen this post many times then that shows many people have explained this problem to you before- I don't know what you are not comprehending except that you are being bloody minded about your own inexperienced opinion and not listening to the facts.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply