eBay app hiding descriptions behind "See full description" button..

Why does this happen on the eBay app and why did they think it was a good idea to do this? I use my item description to fully describe my items, why is it hidden behind and extra button on the mobile app?

Screenshot_2023-12-12-08-50-44-395_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay app hiding descriptions behind "See full description" button..

Space. It's because of space. The app is terrible. They can only show so much on the main screen. They have to have room to show ads, so hide descriptions and the like behind a link. Don't worry, most buyers don't read the description anyway. They look at the heading and the main photo and go from there. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

It's been that way ever since eBay introduced their alleged app. Many years ago.

It doesn't seem to have hurt you over those many years, why is it an issue now?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I don't use the app - it's fraught 😬

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It's an issue now because people are now asking questions about item specifications that are clearly in the item description. When I mentioned to them that it is listed in the item description, they have said that they can't see it in the eBay app. I only use the desktop version untill now so I never knew this about the mobile app.

Others are right, the app is terrible and whoever the developers are, they should be shamed.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If there is a regular thing buyers are asking, try putting that in the Item Specifics (as well as the description). I think that shows up on the ad page in the app rather than hidden behind a link.

It's funny, when ebay changed everything around a few years ago, they said it was to improve things for app users. It sux. They made it worse!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You are implying that even if the option was there and not hidden, buyers would actually read the description,

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

You are implying that even if the option was there and not hidden, buyers would actually read the description,

Exactly,  I have so many buyers ask about combined postage,  yet I have it standing out in the description,   yet you know from their query that they have seen the description.  People just cant be bothered reading.  

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply