eBay automatically passing a return

How can eBay automatically pass a return, for a buyer who changed their mind, when I did not choose this?

I spoke to them, and they were so thick in their answers, I could not handle it anymore.

They kept telling me that I chose this, then when I proved them wrong they then said eBay does it automatically when you have returns. I kept telling them that never in 11 years has this been automatic. They said I need to cancel the returns all together. But I have never had this, and I asked when did this happen and how can I change this they kept saying cancel it all together.

I spoke to 5 people

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your listings state that you accept 30 day returns.

You will need to change your listings to NO returns if you don't accept change of mind returns.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

So you have spoken to 5 ebay reps and you still do not understand, that if your listings show you accept 30 day returns, then returns are processed automaticly, no matter what the reason, your return postage policy will determin who pays the postage

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You have offered 30 Day returns, on all your sold items , at least as far back as Nov .  As such, I am intriuged how you were able to prove ebay CS wrong

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

You do choose this, as has been said, your listings say 30 day returns

What did you show eBay chat that proved them wrong?

I ask because if the members here don’t see where it is wrong, eBay live chat certainly won’t see it 

Just like where you say you take no responsibility for items damaged in the post

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@stayhappy72 wrote:

. I kept telling them that never in 11 years has this been automatic.

This change was announced towards the end of 2017, so it has been auto-acceptance for 3 years.

Here's a link to the announcement:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Updated-Automatic-Acceptance-for-Change-of-Mind-...

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Actually if you click on your link and then towards the bottom right hand side click on return preferences then top right click set basic return rules you will see that you have a choice to set that rule of auto return I changed my mind. I never ticked that choice this is what tried to tell them
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It is not the 30 day return I have a problem with. It is the automated return for I changed my mind. If you go to your return preferences then top right click set basic return rules you will see that you have a choice to set that rule of auto return I changed my mind. I never ticked that choice this is what tried to tell them
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

gutterpunkz05 my 30 day returns other than this current one have never been automatic and as far as no matter what the reason, your return postage policy will determine who pays the postage. You actually do have a choice as chose to have that. There is actually a chose to do so. This is how I proved them wrong gutterpunkz05. Thank you
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

sandypebbles you do actually have a choice not choice with your 30 day returns If you go to your return preferences then top right click set basic return rules you will see that you have a choice to set that rule of auto return I changed my mind.

What did you show eBay chat that proved them wrong?

I ask because if the members here don’t see where it is wrong, eBay live chat certainly won’t see it

Just like where you say you take no responsibility for items damaged in the post
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply