eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

This is my first post ever after selling more than 15+ years on eBay. I've just had the longest day on the phone with eBay "Support".

I've just noticed that eBay has been charging me for months for 2nd store category. My selling limit is 250k listings, but only have under 20k listed on eBay.

Under "Important Disclosure" at the eBay fee Table (last updated on 8th Jan 2019), it stated clearly that "if listed in 2 categories, insertion & feature fees are doubled". Sure thing, but how can you double the $0 fee amount to $0.06 when I am still clearly under my monthly limit???!!!

If listing in 2 categorie is a selling feature, why that "fee" is not shown on the complete fee table? "fee may apply" but how much???

You don't state that fee, then you can't charge that fee ! Especially when I'm still under the limit !!!!

"support" supervisor said he will credit all those insertion fees, but want me to remove the 2nd store category in avoid fee in future listing. I said "NO - EBAY CHANGE THE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT WITH THAT FEE CLEARLY STATED, THEN I WILL DECIDE IF I WILL PAY IT OR REMOVE FROM MY LISTINGS".

Sure just 6 cents, but with 18k listings...Imagine all those sellers who didn't check their eBay statements regularly, and all those fees!

Anyone here agree with what I'm doing here?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

Man you spout at best the current rules and neglect the rest  Give it a way your not an Anchored Store expert just a reader of the current situation as per eaby spin .  I can read just like you so dont need you to tell me your transaltion of current facts . I am on about the past and it will not be the past till ebay does it job and stopps the delays and keeps promises . Probably to be fair if it is 600 man hours of effort  ( more in my opinion) its maybe an excuse but just tell me I dont care how long it takes to do dont  stuff me around  

THE END   Anchor people if your in the same boat  call me 

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

Re: eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

dave, I got a sell through rate of .375% per month (1700 sales from 37,765 listings in a year). 1700 sales a year is 142 per month, which means the anchor store subscription is costing over $4 on every sale made.

I love how it's gone from ebay being wonderfully helpful and knowledgeable to ebay being no help at all. Why anyone would wait on ebay to edit them one by one rather than try different methods oneself is beyond me. I guess you really don't want to help yourself.
Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

@zilbacat wrote:

Current rules  .

How about finding the rules two months ago for the Anchor Store people . How about you find the ebay announcement for this change in fees.

Another eBay member posted almost exactly two months ago on this topic. The post on ‎19-05-2019 04:32 PM was:

❝I have an Anchor store and list in collectables. I have never previously been charged insertion fees for a second category, but have just noticed I am now getting charged. Have I missed this in a recent update? Please advise, thank you ❞

The first reply to that was:

❝There was another thread about this some time ago - can't find it now - but the consensus from your fellow ebayers is that there has always been a charge for listing in the second category

If you list an item in two categories: You'll pay an insertion fee for the second category, regardless of whether you're using a free listing. Any feature fees will be charged twice (once for each category). If the categories have different final value fees, the higher final value fee will apply when your item sells.

If you have not been charged before, you have been lucky

I hope that this answers your question about "How about finding the rules two months ago for the Anchor Store people".

(The final post on that thread suggests that eBay have in fact been failing to charge those second category listing fees for Anchor Stores, which means that you have been benefiting from eBay's failure for years. Hopefully you'll appreciate that eBay's failure to enforce its own policies and charge you the correct fees in the past does not mean that eBay has an obligation to continue to fail to charge you the correct fees.)

The rest of your post I will leave unaddressed for obvious reasons.

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

If Dave is referenced to me your got the wrong name 

Quoting you  

Why anyone would wait on ebay to edit  them one by one rather than try different methods oneself is beyond me. I guess you really don't want to help yourself. 

Well feel free to edit my 38000 listings and a forum estimate of 600 man hours one by one to do . Even the bulk edit tool is hours of work. IF they told us month in advance I would have had no choice but even IF told before the charges the edit toll is defective in ebays own word cant do whatit claims

If you have a claimed 37000 listing then clearly no second catergory and must have an Anchor Store or you were  paying too much in listing and final value fees so a bit of maybe good fortune as a payoff for over paying

Lets see this store with 37000 listings as I dont understand why or what you sell to not take the second category option assuming you have the Anchor Store .

Let say you have the anchor store how did you remove the second catergoy you must have added and I will tell ebay before they do the whole 600 man hours involved

Were you warned or see an announcement about this super jacking of fees. This is how I have ebay doing them manually as no prior notice and a listing tool that does not do as its claimed

If this makes you happy to do the work them good for you but if I did not cause the problem I am not going to fix it 

By the way they suggested getting a third party tool and trying that . A FEW FLAWS in that . If the third party tool botches it then ebay if off the hook . If nothing seems to go wrong then they have the chance of say it would have worked NOW we have fixed the tool  if the third party tool did not corrupt them so off the hook. 

If they are doing them one by one why dont they use a third party tool .  I told them pay for it and take full acountability for the result but that may result in doing the whole listing from scratch 38000 times if it goes wrong,  not just revising them, then fine I will do some work.  As I got no offer to pay what is peanuts for the listing tool compared to 600 man hours then it  seems like the risk of 38000 listings from scratch was the way it would have gone IF I WAS DUMB ENOUGH not to get a waiver for the results

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

So two months ago an Anchor Store person noticed what I did about two months ago. They also did not get charged 2nd Cat fees so smells like its an advantage of the Anchor Store and not a fee YOU pay that applies to US (Anchor) people 

Maybe some posters need to reflect on the FACTS they spat at me 

All we need now is a bright spark to find the fees structure before the change twoish months ago and BOBs your Uncle . 

With very few of us Anchor people it would take one of us to answer question in this area . Dont see any hear . Problems you face with Friday gliches are also not the same as yours  we are in another world from you so the problems I hope are less for the money we pay for a store but not immune from them

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

THE MORAL OF THE STORY FOR THOSE WHO SEEK ANSWERS FROM A FORUM

CALL EBAY SUPPORT

Support is there for you to use and its free and more reliable than a forum by far. When you call the messages goes like this PRESS 1 for. PRESS two for. PRESS 39 for,   so that you end up with the most knowlegable person at support for you problem 

Dont forget every call to ebay is a job for someone . Forums are a mixture of good intentions and Trolls

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

@zilbacat wrote:

Support is there for you to use and its free and more reliable than a forum by far. When you call the messages goes like this PRESS 1 for. PRESS two for. PRESS 39 for,   so that you end up with the most knowlegable person at support for you problem 

Dont forget every call to ebay is a job for someone . Forums are a mixture of good intentions and Trolls

Since you apparently have an Anchor Store then maybe you get preferential treatment from the CS reps, BUT for the average buyer/seller, CS will use "cheat sheets" or give the member complete nonsensical answers to their problem, with the intention of getting them off the phone line - presumably so that they have more time to deal with the likes of yourself..................

For those members, the boards are nearly always more helpful than the vast majority of CS reps will ever be.

I do hope that CS will solve your problem to your complete satisfaction, as obviously none of the resonders here can help you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

A follow-up to the replies already posted to the OP (@8088edge) and @anyone else with an anchor store who is interested in checking the relevant 2nd category fees as per eBay Seller Centre, as at 21 July 2019:

STANDARD EBAY             BASIC STORE              FEATURED STORE         ANCHOR STORE

FEES (NO STORE)

Auction Insertion Fee                        N/A                                   $1.00                                     $1.00                             $0.05

within Collectibles Category

(applies once monthly free

listing limit exceeded, or if

you list in a second category)                                                                                                                                                            

Fixed Price Insertion Fee.......$1.65 (under $100)................ $0.50.....................................$0.20.............................$0.05

(applies once monthly free     $3.85 (over $100)            $0.05 for Media                 $0.05 for Media

listing limit exceeded, or if                                                      categories                          categories

you list in a second category)

Rubrication mine.

Note that Anchor stores will be charged 5¢ insertion fee for any fixed-price listing that is being listed in a second category, as well as a 5¢ insertion fee for any auction listing (in Collectibles Category) that is being listed in a second category.

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to the eBay services, and their operation may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use the eBay services.

According to the above quote from the user agreement (the bolding is theirs), ebay aren't liable for any losses caused by any part of the site not functioning properly.  I can't see them editing your listings for you because of a site malfunction (bulk edit not working).  If an employee told you they'd edit them one by one for you, you either misunderstood what he actually said, or his English was such that he meant something else, or he said that just to get you off the phone, which is what often happens when people ring ebay for help. 

You might pay $550 a month in fees but they're not going to pay out thousands in wages to fix your listings.  You've admitted yourself that so far it's been an empty promise on their part.  If you don't do it yourself and you don't pay your fees they'll close your account and you won't be able to sell at all, end of story.  They'll come after you for any outstanding fees.  Don't delude yourself that they'll be compensating you.

The user agreement also says that by posting changes to the fees on the site 14 days before they come into effect they've given notice.  That means as soon as you noticed the extra fees you should have rung them and immediately taken action yourself to reduce your fees.

Good luck with the media.  If you're as coherent with them as you are here they'll just laugh.

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

You can keep on posting current charges but read  my lips   WHAT WERE THE CHARGES TWO MONTHS OR MORE AGO

THE WHOLE ISSUE IS WHAT WERE THEY NOT WHAT THEY ARE NOW 

I AM TWO MONTHS INTO THIS ISSUE SO STATING CURRENT SITUATIONS IS NOT PROVING YOUR POINT 

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY STOP QUOTING WHAT PRICES ARE NOW 

ITS THE REVERSE OF FINDING AND OLD PRICE LIST AND EXPECTING THAT PRICE NOW

THATS WHY YOU GO TO EABY SUPPORT 

IF ANY OF YOU WERE EXPERT ON EBAY YOU WOULD HAVE JOB WITH THEM AND GET PAID

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply