eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

This is my first post ever after selling more than 15+ years on eBay. I've just had the longest day on the phone with eBay "Support".

I've just noticed that eBay has been charging me for months for 2nd store category. My selling limit is 250k listings, but only have under 20k listed on eBay.

Under "Important Disclosure" at the eBay fee Table (last updated on 8th Jan 2019), it stated clearly that "if listed in 2 categories, insertion & feature fees are doubled". Sure thing, but how can you double the $0 fee amount to $0.06 when I am still clearly under my monthly limit???!!!

If listing in 2 categorie is a selling feature, why that "fee" is not shown on the complete fee table? "fee may apply" but how much???

You don't state that fee, then you can't charge that fee ! Especially when I'm still under the limit !!!!

"support" supervisor said he will credit all those insertion fees, but want me to remove the 2nd store category in avoid fee in future listing. I said "NO - EBAY CHANGE THE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT WITH THAT FEE CLEARLY STATED, THEN I WILL DECIDE IF I WILL PAY IT OR REMOVE FROM MY LISTINGS".

Sure just 6 cents, but with 18k listings...Imagine all those sellers who didn't check their eBay statements regularly, and all those fees!

Anyone here agree with what I'm doing here?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

By the way, if eBay is reading this post - why would you agreed to refund me if you think I wasn't right? I'm gettting look after now, am I???!!! Facts don't lie !!!

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

I'm afraid eBay staff do not read the community help forum (they post a YouTube video every now and then about how wonderfully supportive they are of big sellers but that's it)

Everyone here are buyers and sellers but not eBay 

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Point this out to them -

You'll pay an insertion fee for including a second category – this fee still applies even when using a free listing. If you have an eBay Store, though, you can use both a main Store category and a secondary Store category for free.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-category-listing?id=...

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

In your second paragraph you're talking about being charged for a second store category but in the next paragraph you're talking about listing in two categories, which are two completely different things.

Stores have always been able to have their listings in two store categories but you've always paid an insertion fee for listing in a second ebay category.
Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

Good pick up Brer

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

@8088edge wrote:

By the way, if eBay is reading this post - why would you agreed to refund me if you think I wasn't right?

Have you ever refunded a buyer, even though you didn't agree with, or believe, their complaint? Most sellers know refunding doesn't = the person getting the refund is right, and it certainly isn't proof that the one doing the refunding is in the wrong. 

Realistically, if there was a change to the fee structure, from eBay's position, regardless of anything else, you are now 100% aware of it and the additional charges that will be incurred if you retain the second category, so they would have the right to charge the fees in the future. 

Not many sellers with anchor stores post here (which is what I presume you have), so knowledge of the fee structure is going to be relatively limited for most, which in turn means you may not get the most approrpiate advice, or come across another seller who can either echo your experience or advise if / when the changes were made - eg I have always been under the impression that it incurs fees to list in a second eBay category (as opposed to store category), I've actually never heard of it being free under any circumstances - not saying it wasn't, just that I don't recall seeing any information suggesting it can be, so for me (and most sellers like me) the extra charge has always been. 

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

Thank you all.

I do have Anchor Store running on eBay, but I did made one mistake with the initial rant - it's not my own eBay store category that got charged, but it's the eBay 2nd category.

I did my research, but I can not find any fees amount being mentioned for that 2nd category. Therefore how can one charge another for an amount being not publicly stated?

The PDF file for eBay fee has just one sentence regarding this matter -

"If you list an item in two categories, insertion & feature fees applicable are doubled. If the categories have different final value fees, the higher final value fee will apply when your item sells. "

If my insertion fee was indeed $0.03, then I will see the logic of now $0.06 for the 2nd category. BUT my insertion fee is $0 to start with, how did eBay make their decision of doubling that to any amount is not explained in any way or form. No one from support can explain that over the phone as well.

If it is not black & white, then they can not charge me that fee until they make that public. If they hide that in tiny words under any "disclosure" then they did it so well that their own support staff can't even find it, let alone knows about it.

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

So how to you list on ebay without noticing - before you press LIST ITEM - the line above it FEES ....

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

It's always $0.00 until the last few days when it showed $0.06. After I called them, it seems like they charged fees on my items that was already live which "good until cancel". if that's not hidden, then I don't know what you call it...
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply