eBay doesn't help sellers. All they care about is money.

A customer who bought a $4 sticker from me. It's available in black or white. After he purchased it, he didn't leave a message about his colour choice. I then eBay messaged him twice in the space of two weeks because he didn't leave a mobile number. I sent the sticker that appear first on the my listing as that is the most logical thing to do but when he received the package, he left a negative feedback saying "it took 3 weeks".

So I contacted eBay about the situation. They gave me his mobile number and I contact him as per instructed by eBay but couldn't get to him so I left a SMS. Few days later, nothing happened so I called eBay again. This time the lady instructed me to leave a feedback on his page to "attract his attention" so he can contact me (because eBay thinks he would check eBay meessages if I did this?!). About a week later still nothing. I called eBay for the third time thinking I have done everything I could. Instead of helping me the woman from the "eBay Headquarters" put me on hold and then read me a snippet of  their feedback policies in a barely audible voice. I then told her I rather refund this $4 and get the negative feedback deleted than have a negative feedback that made my sales decline. For someone who has been quite patient with them, naturally I wanted to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor sounded like a more reasonable person and said he would call me back the following day before noon. I waited and nothing.

I just want to end this story by saying how I have lost faith in eBay. Their standard has dropped. They are trying to cut ever corner, from not having a "Colour Variation" function (which could have saved all this issue) to sending their eBay.com.au customer service centre offshore. Surely all that money you get from us sellers should be a good reason to help the us? I just opened an Etzy. So much better.      

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: eBay doesn't help sellers. All they care about is money.

Emailing eBay only gets you automate replies.

Select help at the top of the page and scroll to contact us.

BTW, better to start your own thread rather than dragging up an 8 year old one.

image host
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

From eBay help:

In certain circumstances, you can report a review and ask moderators to remove negative feedback on eBay.

eBay merchants can use the seller reporting hub to highlight any kind of problem with a buyer, including reviews. This must be done within 90 days of the original transaction.

Use it to report:

• Negative feedback left by a buyer with unpaid items
  • Feedback that violates eBay policies, for example, if it is threatening, offensive, vulgar or includes personal details of the seller
  • Attempted feedback extortion by a buyer

(As kops said though, it is better to start your own thread.)

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Also, if you are only selling 5-10 items per month, you may be better to close the store and just sell as a normal account. Everyone gets a lot of free listings per month now. (Don't recall how many)

image host
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@dotchmansilver2016 wrote:

I had a problem with a buyer who complained about earrings she bought off me.  Her comment was that they looked bigger in the picture.  I have disclosed the size both in the product title and in the product description.  I got a negative feedback.  I messaged sBay about the issue and did not receive a reply from them.  There is no other way of contacting eBay seller support.  I will be quitting eBay once I sell the bulk of my products.  I pay a lot of eBay service and advertising fees, eBay should have the decency to offer me some support when needed.  Very Disappointing.

You need to persist with this by contacting ebay as kopenhagen advised. Emailing doesn't work.

If they won't remove the feedback then I would reply to it, stating the exact size was prominent in both the title and description and buyers really should read these details.

Don't worry unduly as other buyers who bother to read your feedback won't be put off by feedback where a buyer has obviously made the mistake. That's why you need to give a reply if the feedback is allowed to stand. Customers will often read a neg comment but won't necessarily click on the actual ad to investigate so you need to drive the fact home that dimensions were in the ad. That makes it easy for them to see who was at fault.

The trouble for you is that of course you want to take clear photos of your items and close ups and it can be hard to gauge sizes online. Any time I have looked at earrings, I have had a ruler right next to me and a pair of earrings for comparison. But buyers may not do that, so if some earrings are quite small, you could also put a ruler on the side of one of the photos.

As for quitting ebay, I guess it depends on if the site works for you, profit wise. You're not likely to strike such stupid buyers often but they are definitely around.

---------

Whoops, just checked your feedback and see you have already responded. Excellent reply! Actually the very item title shows the size as you said and makes buyer look a bit stupid straight away.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Springy, dotchmansilver2016 has already replied to the feedback... But you know, I looked at the listing, and, yes, the photos were magnified, but I don't know how anybody could think that earrings would be that size, lol. I don't know if it is just me, but to me they look really big - and if in doubt I would definitely have checked the description.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply