eBay have changed the International Postage service on all my listings without my permission...

I sell small low priced items and post worldwide using a letter service with insurance.

For international postage, I select a flat rate, and the service I was nominating was called

"International Economy : untracked (11 - 35 business days)"

This was accurate as the estimated delivery time was fair and transparent to buyers, and therefore the eBay estimate on delivery time for buyers was also fair, honest and upfront.

I have just noticed that this postage service no longer appears on the list. That in itself is a separate issue I am yet to resolve.

However - worryingly - eBay have changed every single one of my listings to show the International Postage service as

"Economy SpeedPAK from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan (10 - 15 Business Days).

This is clearly wrong, and clearly misleading to buyers as the timeframe is wrong, and it also falsely suggests my items are shipped from Asia, which they are not.

A long phone call to eBay (escalated to a manager) assured me that eBay would NEVER edit seller listings without permission, and if someone did it it would be a sackable offence if an employee did so. I was able to prove to him that eBay have indeed done so by verifying that the change has taken place since the last time I edited any of my listings (they can look up and verify when you make your own edits).

The case has been further escalated  - 24 hours later not heard more yet...

Yes I know I can bulk edit to correct (except there is now no option that accurately describes the postage service I use (Air, no tracking, 11 - 35 business days). But I want eBay to take responsiblity because I also believe that they have no right to alter / edit this information on a sellers listing.

Anyone else had this happen?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: eBay have changed the International Postage service on all my listings without my permission...

Happened to me a few months back as well. I just chose the generic standard international and express options instead. I think it might have just been a ploy to slide people into that option without being too suspect. Still not cool though.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: eBay have changed the International Postage service on all my listings without my permission...

no not cool at all...and me too..just chose the generic and will put the 11 to 35 days delivery in all listings now..
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Wouldn't it be a bit off-putting to buyers if they saw China/Taiwan/etc in the postage section? That'd be the most concerning thing, I'd imagine - potential loss of sales because of it.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Absolutely spot on Brer. They be wondering big time.

And yes Jilly.

This is just bad.

Melina.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I am having my listings constantly altered by Ebay.

My international posting is changed ,Sometimes to no international posting.

The days of my fixed price items  changed from 30 to 10 days.

A well as having make an offer put into my listings,

I find I am having to constanly edit my listings.

Someone is doing it at Ebay.

Just having fun with listings .

Not much fun for the sellers though.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Yes,

I haven't yet contacted eBay , but a buyer just alerted me to the fact that all of my International standard rates have disappeared  from all of my  listings. This is definitely NOT something I have done. It is , presumably a glitch in eBay.  I will be contacting  them to fix it tomorrow ... I hope

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

This thread was last active six years ago. Please let us leave it interred in eternal rest.

You could start a new thread about the issue you’re facing, without its being clogged up with long-ago issues… 

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply