eBay hold on my funds

Hi:)! I sold a Star Trek Collectible Phaser signed by William Shatner on Thursday, October 20, 2022. I shipped the item on the same day and it was confirmed delivered on Monday, October 24, 2022. The item sold for $1,500. I called to ask why my funds haven't been released yet? I'm 85 years old, retired, and I need my money to make a house and car payment. eBay said there is a 30-day wait for any sale over $1,000. I've tried to no avail to have my money released and eBay will not help me even though the buyer has received their item and is happy with it and eBay has been paid their fees upfront!? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay hold on my funds

Are you signed up for Managed Payments?

Please read this post, where I explain what you need to do / have done in order to receive payments.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

eBay hold on my funds

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You are on the Australian boards.

Things might be different in USA.

Try their boards 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

eBay hold on my funds

I didnโ€™t think to check the OPโ€™s country of registration, stawka. Good catch.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

eBay hold on my funds

I used to sell on ebay and was going to again but their new system scares me off doing it and I am now a bit hesitant to buy anymore. Ebay has gone away from the little friendly atmosphere and I do not like it that they have parted from paypal. Why did they do this as it seemed so good before.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

eBay hold on my funds

There was a lot of complaints when they made it mandatory and I suppose it makes sense for the same to happen when they take it away. I would not worry about it and prefer the way it is now.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

eBay hold on my funds

@elessar00 wrote:

I used to sell on ebay and was going to again but their new system scares me off doing it and I am now a bit hesitant to buy anymore. Ebay has gone away from the little friendly atmosphere and I do not like it that they have parted from paypal. Why did they do this as it seemed so good before.

a buyer can still use PayPal.  I purchased yesterday โ€ฆ.twiceโ€ฆ.using PayPal, so I know itโ€™s still available. The only difference is you get a notification saying your payment has been made to e-commerce and may take up to 2 hrs to be reflected in your account. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply