eBay international business is to hard to control. lost item , money and even postage

Had a sale to Germany customer last month, tracking showed delivered at Germany but later on it got returned to me, Germany customer kept saying he didn't get notifaction from his lpo but we asked AusPost and they said it is because buyer didn't collect parcel on time frame, eBAY Germany want us to be the victim of this deal even though we had nothing wrong with it, they stated there's likely to be a chance with PO'S FAULT but the seller should bear the cost after all. 

The international freight is $30, we just lost it. and the item we never got it back but have to offer a full amount of refund 

we spent 2 hours to talk with eBay AU and they kicked us to eBay Germany, have you had such an issue before? If so how did you end up with?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: eBay international business is to hard to control. lost item , money and even postage

I wonder if there is a difference between a "commercial parcel" (as per your info) and just plain merchandise.

Also the wording is somewhat confusing - a lof of these articles talk about importing "packaging" to the German market, not just about selling an item of merchandise.

Anyway, I think we're getting off-track from the OP's question.

They need to come back and tell us if they got their item back or not.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: eBay international business is to hard to control. lost item , money and even postage

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

I wonder if there is a difference between a "commercial parcel" (as per your info) and just plain merchandise.

Also the wording is somewhat confusing - a lof of these articles talk about importing "packaging" to the German market, not just about selling an item of merchandise.

I will try to check into it a bit more and will update my original thread if I can get some clarification. 

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you all for heads up, the case has been esclated by eBay Germany and eBay AU kicked me to them without caring.

I tried 5 times to talk with eBay Germany and they insist I should refund the postage. The sixth time everything changed as I finally received my paclage back, there were 3 labels on the package written with Germany which I don't understand. 

I took photos for all 3 labels and then send to eBay Germany through email and after couple of hours they wrote a very long letter to me, based on translation tool it basiclly saying "Buyer opened the case based on untruthful statement" case then closed by them, I still refund buyer for the cost of item he paid but have to bear PayPal convert fee $3 eventhough I don't need to as case been closed on my favor 

I called PO later and they told me buyer owed and refused to pay for import duties so it get returned. 

Through the whole process eBay AU didn't provide any protection but ask me to give up and take the loss.  

I tried few times to talk to a manager but they tried to stop me doing it. 

Very disappointed that they wouldn't help an Au seller when in need

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply