eBay overcharged a couple of buyers for postage. I wish to refund them.

eBay overcharged a couple of buyers for postage. I wish to refund them. I have followed the official instructions but at no time have I found an option to process a partial refund. Surely this should be simple?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When you do a refund it allows you to enter the amount manually for partial refunds. Just double check as you go so you don't make a mistake and refund the full amount. It also asks you the reason and postage refund is one of them.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for that info. I have two eBay accounts and needed to refund $4 excess postage to a buyer on each site. Somehow I was successful on one account but when I tried on the other I could not rember how I had come upon the option which allowed me to process a partial refund. I can select Cancel but that only allows me to completely cancel a sale. I will persist in the hope that I find the appropriate dropdown menu.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You  may need to use the slide down bar as send refund is near the bottom.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I still don't get the option. Where should I be so that I am at the dropdown menu with refund at the bottom. As I said, I found it somewhere on my other site but now I can't find it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Open the ebay account you wish to use,  go to orders.  click on the order number you wish to refund.

From drop down menu  (RHS)  select  Send Refund,  enter the amount you wish to refund, review and then send.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

On my page next to Print Postage Label there is the drop down arrow to bring up all the options for that buyer.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@sardonicus001 wrote:

eBay overcharged a couple of buyers for postage. I wish to refund them. I have followed the official instructions but at no time have I found an option to process a partial refund. Surely this should be simple?

Hover over โ€˜ordersโ€™ top left of seller hub page

click on โ€˜paid and shippedโ€™ 

click on the order number

top of page to the right is a large blue drop down arrow, click on it then

click on โ€˜send refundโ€™

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply