eBay payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be cancelling my eBay account when this starts, if you could let me know what date this will occur, thank you

your fees and percentage rates has made it impossible for us small sellers to make any money, especially when you charge on postage rates and you have nothing to do with my postage rates you do not pay the postage so why are you taking a percentage off it , you have become too greedy for us small operators to continue

Regards David

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

eBay payments

imastawka
Honored Contributor

All good, David.

If you don't sign up for Managed Payments, ebay will let you know by cancelling your listings and not allowing you to sell.

Simples, for you.

The fees on Managed Payments are slightly less than through Paypal.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help

Regards David

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay payments

David, this is a member-to-member discussion forum.  eBay employees might read what goes on here, but do not post here.  You will need to contact eBay directly.

As far as fees go, I have been on Managed Payments for a few sales now and have found that I am paying just a little less than when I received payments through PayPal.

As far as fees on postage goes, this was done to death many years ago.  My own view is that eBay wanted more sellers to have ‘free postage’ on their listings.  However, if a seller included the postage into the price of their item they paid postage, but if they charged a postage amount they paid no fee on that postage.  Their solution was to charge fees on the whole transaction.  This also stopped sellers getting away with charging pittance for their item and inflated amounts on postage.

If you have been selling, it will take many months before you can cancel your account.  This is because there are active transactions in play until all case opening periods have passed.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

**correction**

As far as fees on postage goes, this was done to death many years ago.  My own view is that eBay wanted more sellers to have ‘free postage’ on their listings.  However, if a seller included the postage into the price of their item they paid fees on that postage, but if they charged a postage amount they paid no fee on that postage.  Their solution was to charge fees on the whole transaction.  This also stopped sellers getting away with charging pittance for their item and inflated amounts on postage.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

imastawka
Honored Contributor

All good, David.

If you don't sign up for Managed Payments, ebay will let you know by cancelling your listings and not allowing you to sell.

Simples, for you.

The fees on Managed Payments are slightly less than through Paypal.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help

Regards David

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

sniper0ne
Community Member

I totally agree with you, plus now ebay is using the new payment system and the money takes  5 or 6 days before we have access to it. When PayPal was an option the money was received much sooner.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

The OP is still selling here and has not left, despite what they said months ago.

You can change your payouts to be daily, but it is often the bank who takes longer to process. I don't know which bank you're with, but I get the funds the same day I get the email payout notification.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

They may be slightly less, but in our case ebay asked us to send some business information and upload a document (even though I have had an ebay store for 14 years and been in business for 40 years) which is generally easy but the link doesn't work and just comes up with "how embarrassing something went wrong ,try again later". It has been saying the same thing for a month so they are with holding a month of sales through no fault of our own, I have spoken to ebay about it a number of times and so far nothing has been fixed. If you want your income withheld go with "managed payments" but bear in mind they have total control of your money when you sign up. If we are not the only ones I can just imagine the interest they are making!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

eBay payments

Anyone who has been trading as a Partnership, Trust or any other entity has been having some troubles being registered. Unfortunately these issues were raised months ago and don't appear to have been fixed. Ebay CS reps are useless and clueless.

One option might be for you to just open or use an individual account until things get sorted.

However, in the meantime, make sure that all documentation and registered names match up EXACTLY as this will throw a spanner in the works otherwise. I registered in 2003 under a shortening of my first name, and did have an issue when I changed over to MP, but once I realised what it was I corrected and resubmitted, so double check spellings, abbreviations etc

Ebay do not make interest out of our money, no matter what is claimed otherwise and repeatedly stated as "facts" on these boards.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply