eBay removed neg feedback YES! Can buyer re-do it?

Hi guys and gals,

I had a rare "win" situation where a negative feedback was actually removed! Yes!

I want to find out if the buyer has the opportinity to do the feedback again as it hows as "no feedback received yet" in the items sale column?

Anybody know?

The reason I ask is the buyer (who received his item and is happy with it) says he negged me "by accident" with a positive comment. So he said "fast delivery" but as a neg (if that makes sense).

I immediately emailed and asked if there were any problems with the transaction and he answered saying "his son was playing with his phone". Which I am sure is nonsense, as he was a difficult person from the start. Kept it pleasnt through gritted teeth though.

Anyway, there it is. Do I have to wait anyither 60 days or so until feedback is impossible, or am I clear of the guy?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay removed neg feedback YES! Can buyer re-do it?

@rkxfamily wrote:

Hi guys and gals,

I had a rare "win" situation where a negative feedback was actually removed! Yes!

I want to find out if the buyer has the opportinity to do the feedback again as it hows as "no feedback received yet" in the items sale column?

Anybody know?

The reason I ask is the buyer (who received his item and is happy with it) says he negged me "by accident" with a positive comment. So he said "fast delivery" but as a neg (if that makes sense).

I immediately emailed and asked if there were any problems with the transaction and he answered saying "his son was playing with his phone". Which I am sure is nonsense, as he was a difficult person from the start. Kept it pleasnt through gritted teeth though.

Anyway, there it is. Do I have to wait anyither 60 days or so until feedback is impossible, or am I clear of the guy?

Thanks.

Congrats on your win.

No if the feedback has been removed by eBay no further feedback can be left by the buyer.

A non-issue in your situation, is where negative feedback is removed by eBay then reinstated as the buyer has appealed their removal decision.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately according to eBay even neutral feedback is now considered negative feedback under the new system

Also any application to return under the new system is considered negative feedback.

Even some enquiries from buyers are now considered negative feedback.

I have no idea if the buyer can give back negative feedback but I doubt it

All I can say is to up your standards, act on every enquiry  immediately & keep customers happy.

The new system has made it hard for many Top rated Stores to keep their rating.

We have had no more negatives than we previous had yet we have gone from safe to borderline Top Rated under the new system.

And buyers still cannot be given negative feedback.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@rkxfamily wrote:

Hi guys and gals,

Anybody know?

Thanks.

Congrats on your win.

No if the feedback has been removed by eBay no further feedback can be left by the buyer.

A non-issue in your situation, is where negative feedback is removed by eBay then reinstated as the buyer has appealed their removal decision.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Good to know.

Thats all I needed, thanks thecatspjs!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

My pleasure Cat Very Happy

Wish more sellers could get unfair or mistaken negatives removed.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Pretty sure the buyer can leave feedback again, as it was not a negative feedback, but an accidental false positive and false positives are automatically removed on request as they are against eBay policy.

The buyer should now leave you correct positive, unless the buyer is the one who has just left you a correct Neg for not following through with a won auction item??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

make sure you add her to your BBL so she cant buy another just to neg. you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Pretty sure the buyer can leave feedback again, as it was not a negative feedback, but an accidental false positive and false positives are automatically removed on request as they are against eBay policy.

The buyer should now leave you correct positive, unless the buyer is the one who has just left you a correct Neg for not following through with a won auction item??

The OPs feedback removed was negative feedback.

If eBay removes the feedback left, it also removes the ability of the buyer to leave any further feedback.

It is only when a seller sends a feedback revision to the buyer, that a buyer can revise the feedback left.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply