eBay return request related issues from buyer

Hi eBay community, 

Basically, I started to sell some items on eBay from this year. And I have encountered my first return request from a buyer today, but it is kind of strange. I have listed an Air Jordan 1 Sneaker in brand new condition. And a buyer bought it, and before I send it, I have provided everything to the buyer including proof of purchase, order confirmations, bank transactions, and details of the shoes in differnt views. Buyer has received shoes on Friday, and today the buyer just request the refund to say the shoe is not authentic without any supoortted information. Just the word to say not authentic. But I could be ensure that my shoes are 100% authentic which are purchased from an authentic Nike retalier sneaker store. And I asked buyer for more information, the buyer also did not reply me anything. And I could accept return if its for other reasons such as damaged, worned, etc. since it would be my fault. But not for this unauthentic reason without any supporting evidence.  But I just worry about that the buyer would maybe send back the fake pair for the return. I belive this situation usually happend in the sneaker market for some scammer. What should I do for this scenario?

Thx a lot for your guys!and sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: eBay return request related issues from buyer

Hi there, thx for your information and help! Here are some updates:

I've tried a lot with eBay CS team, they won't close my case as usual since they said they do not honor a receipt as a proof of authentic even it is directly from an authorized retailer....

And the buyer today also replied me who said refund me for the fake item without any support such as photos, or something else. Really annoying for this case. I just feel like the buyer has a higher possibility to be a scammer or just kinda change of mind. He cannot provide me anything while I have given him everything needed. But seems eBay still not convinced by myself. 

sorry for the inconvenience 😞

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

That is poor decision-making on the CS rep’s part.

You should make a Stat Dec. In which state are you?

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@willie_sneakerhead wrote:

I am in NSW

Is this the one you mentioned? https://www.jp.nsw.gov.au/Pages/justices-of-the-peace/nsw-statutory-declaration.aspx

Australia Post have the stat dec forms and can witness you signing it, may have to be a manager but just ask at your local PO

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

THX mate!

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Hi there, 

Here is my update, eBay has forced me to accpet the return. And today I received my returned item from buyer, but it is an empty box without anything. What should I do for this? I have a complete video to show the process of unboxing. 

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@willie_sneakerhead wrote:

Hi there, 

Here is my update, eBay has forced me to accpet the return. And today I received my returned item from buyer, but it is an empty box without anything. What should I do for this? I have a complete video to show the process of unboxing. 

I'm sorry to hear that—you've encountered a criminal.

I'd be reporting that to the police, and letting the buyer know as much.  Unfortunately eBay won't do anything about it, as despite you having videoed it, eBay don't accept it as proof of anything. I'd still be reporting it to eBay though, and also asking them to check if this seller's account shows any pattern of similar behaviour.

How was the item returned—does it by chance show the weight of the parcel/box when it was lodged? That would be a good starting point as far as proving an empty box was returned.

But police, perhaps the Aus. Gov cyber crimes site—it's really up to you how much trouble you want to go to.

Without knowing anything further about the buyer, I'd personally be lodging police report, cybercrime report, and letting the buyer know as much.

Because I'm a vindictive a$$høle when it comes to malicious activity, I'd also be "leveraging" any social media accounts operated by the buyer that I could find to pressure them into repaying the money, or at least publicly shaming them for their theft, though I don't endorse others doing the same.

If you want, PM me the buyer's eBay ID and I can take a quick look and see if I have any other ideas.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Hi there, 

Thx for your kindly information. eBay has asked me to provide them stat dec. After I uploaded that, eBay has reversed the outcome, as a result, eBay has granted my appeal. Now, I have been fully refunded as well. The story finally has a fair and happy ending. Thank you guys in this community to give me so many helps! Hope you have a good night and stay safe!

Regards

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Good outcome, unfortunately not all sellers get the same result.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Glad to hear it—as padi mentioned it doesn't aways work out well for the seller in these kinds of situations, so you've done well!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply