“eBay scam”

This person bought second-hand shoes from me, and I also chose not to accept returns. But eBay eventually forced me to return the product, but I did not receive the return and was deducted from the payment. The reason is just that he thinks it is uncomfortable. I sell personal second-hand items on eBay. I am not a shoe store and I do not provide free try-on!

When a buyer initiates a return, eBay’s suggestion to me is to contact the buyer instead of giving the seller any place to communicate with eBay. Buyers do not need to provide any evidence to get a full refund according to the inconsistency with the description of the goods. Is this fair? I don't think so.

Even more exaggerated is that when I did not receive a return, eBay issued a refund. Two months passed and I did not receive anything. So I think this is a scam set up by eBay to please buyers.

When I contacted eBay customer service, the advice they gave me was to check on my own.

This also explains why many people hate eBay and choose Gumtree. eBay collects money from sellers, but it does not protect sellers, and even fairness cannot be achieved.

Please take a warning.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

“eBay scam”

If you had followed the correct procedures, you would have probably either kept the money or had the goods returned. After 2 months you have no recourse. Always remember - respond to cases within the case; 30 days is the magic number.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

iot sure if the note you have added to your items in regards to this buyer will really have any benefit,  do you really think other sellers will look at your listing before selling anything to other buyers.  There is a flaw in your logic

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

Hi Sugar,   I am putting that buyer on my blocked list, just for the hell of it and their FB reply to one of their buyers, seems to have an attitude I don't like.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Hi Sugar,   I am putting that buyer on my blocked list, just for the hell of it and their FB reply to one of their buyers, seems to have an attitude I don't like.

Hey I added them as well,  but only because I spotted it in their listing,  but how many non forumites would be looking at the listing.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

Maybe no one cares, but this is the biggest contribution I can do. Such buyers should be blocked directly.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

I contacted the buyer and eBay at first time, and answer to me was that this is a special case, but after searching online, I found that it's not. This's the first time I have encountered a forced return. I don't know the correct way of operation. I can only follow the advice given by eBay. Unfortunately, this advice is not to help the seller.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

“eBay scam”

You need to read up on the returns process. You have the option of appealing eBay’s decision. They should have asked the buyer to return the item with tracking and only when the tracking shows as delivered should they have refunded.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply