eBay seller account activity during paid parental leave

Hi Everyone,

This is my first question and not directly related to selling on eBay Australia. I didn't know where to ask this question so better ask here to people with experience. 

I am a seller on eBay Australia and will be going on maternity leave soon and will apply for paid parental leave as well. I was just wondering what happens if during those 18 weeks of time I receive orders. Should I be putting away time on my account or what should I do?

And if my partners ship those orders or do any activity on my seller account, would it affect my paid parental leave or anything for that matter?

Please suggest. 

TIA.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Best to ask your accountant as it may depend on amounts of income.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You have 3 listings and 2 sales in the last 12 months.

I wouldn't fret too much.

Anybody accessing your account is you, legally, so your partner using your account will count as you.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@clocked24,

The correct board for that question would be The eBay Community > Discussion Boards > Buying & Selling > Selling.

However, if you posted the question there, I think you'd probably receive the same sort of reply as kopenhagen has given you. This isn't a question for eBay users to answer, or even for eBay CS (even in the event that they would venture an opinion in Chat on this sort of question).

It is definitely the sort of question that should be discussed with a professional and qualified person who has access to the necessary data.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Simply end the 3 listings - till after the birth of the babe  - all good - then relist.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why should paid parental leave be any different to your regular income?

With the number and value of recent sales I don't think you have much to worry about.

I am sure nobody cares who packs and posts your items....any feedback lands squarely on your account anyway.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'll preface this by saying I know nothing and am not offering advice, so you will really need to talk to someone who is familiar with the rules and your specific circumstances, but for a brief overview to (potentially) get an idea where you stand...

I looked into this very briefly when a similar question arose eslewhere, and it might depend on whether you are considered self employed or not - the primary rules state you can't work for the first two weeks, and after that you can have up to ten "keep in touch days" with an employer, but if self employed, while you can perform some necessary duties you can't actively run the business (keeping an online store open or listings available could count as actively running, even if you don't have to do anything specifically to get sales etc).

Source:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/how-your-pay...

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply