eBay to move from subjective to objective feedback

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately the whole article appeared to be targeted at big brand sellers - otherwise why state: From you the seller they [presumably ebay] want three things – the Brand, the Manufacturers part number, and the GTIN.

As a small seller of mostly secondhand items, I don't even know what at GTIN is!

Speaking to ebay sellers, Jordan [Jordan Sweetnan VP eBay seller experience.] finished up emphasising that the buyer experience, conversion and listing quality are all based on the foundation of structured data. Mobile buyers spend less time on listing descriptions and so eBay need to use images and leverage structured data to make sure they see and buy the products that they’re looking for. Structured data (Brand, model number, GTIN, Item Specifics….) will be the key part of your eBay business to focus on to ensure you’re ready for changes eBay introduce over the next year to 18 months.

The writing is on the wall for small sellers....

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I think it is inevitable it will come in.

Even the star rating is a bit fraught, let alone the comments.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

ie they are following the line of BUYERS DONT READ DESCRIPTIONS especially mobile users..we all know this, now they are just trying to cater for it.

They also use price comparison searches, so they want all common identifiers presented to search engines.

Just as our listings are amalgamated ito one big shop called ebay, Ebay is trying to amalgamate its site into the major retail comparison search engines. Ebay wil become a substore to global search returns.

we are just shelf stackers

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Interesting to note they want to work towards a system that works for 99% of sellers rather than 100% of sellers ........feels to me like the 99% are the big retailers.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply