ebay UNFAIR CHARGES on shipping fees

Hi

Eby unfairly charged me on shipping fees, after contact ebay, ebay offered very funny reasons:

1. ebay knew how much I paied for post

2. to fair for buyers

Those are junk answers, for example, I sold 1 item, I received $15 for shipping etc,

1. I paied AUS POST $13.50 for a registered pacel, and between $1  and $2 for the  box and wrapping etc (cann't recall exact figure);

2.  this charge went Ebay account, not to buyer.

Apperently is a cheating action.

I need help, where to file  acomplain?

Y

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

EBay have been charging fees on postage now for years. It's not a new thing and you haven't been ripped off. You can't complain all you like, but the complaining was done when it first came in. It was only deemed to be immoral, not illegal.

I assume that's what you were asking. Your post was very difficult to understand.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You should have had $18 in the listing for shipping to start with.

AP $13.50, $2 for wrapping, the rest for your time and petrol to the PO.

I usually factor in all the fees in the price of the item.

If I sell an item for $40 plus $10 for postage n handling then I list it for around $47

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@bushdealer wrote:

Hi

Eby unfairly charged me on shipping fees, after contact ebay, ebay offered very funny reasons:

1. ebay knew how much I paied for post

2. to fair for buyers

Those are junk answers, for example, I sold 1 item, I received $15 for shipping etc,

1. I paied AUS POST $13.50 for a registered pacel, and between $1  and $2 for the  box and wrapping etc (cann't recall exact figure);

2.  this charge went Ebay account, not to buyer.

Apperently is a cheating action.

I need help, where to file  acomplain?

Y

It is a legitimate charge, so you are wasting your time complaining.  When you do your listings, calculate all your costs for postage, including ebay fee, and add that to the actual  postage fee.  You have to make sure you cover all your costs.  This sort of thing, you should have researched before starting to sell.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply