ebay is too expensive and greedy

ecomovement
Community Member

ebay stole my profits. yes i know that you should read the terms and fee conditions but there aren't any other auction alternatives that efficient as ebay yet but i hope there will be soon. 7.9% is a complete rip off and they know it. I sold and ipad for $370 and ebay took $29.30. That says it all. we are all played like sheep paying those public company profits......

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Okay - this has been said before I know but here I go......what would it have cost you to advertise in a paper ?? remembering said paper only reaches a limited number of potential buyeers - against eBays number of potential buyer's. I honestly do n ot think $7.90 in every $100.00 sold is theft. Sorry

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

I  gather you've never had to pay Yellow Pages advertising.

Advertising items to  Sell is all about cost versus benefit.

You still got well over $300.

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

I sold and ipad for $370 and ebay took $29.30.

Maybe you would have preferred to sell it elsewhere for $300 and pay no fees?

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

How much would you think would be fair to charge for worldwide advertisement with photos and all?  ?:|

I am more than happy to pay the very reasonable eBay and PP fees.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

It pays (literally) to make sure of the profit you'll be gettng.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

ebay stole my profits. yes i know that you should read the terms and fee conditions but there aren't any other auction alternatives that efficient as ebay yet but i hope there will be soon. 7.9% is a complete rip off and they know it. I sold and ipad for $370 and ebay took $29.30. That says it all. we are all played like sheep paying those public company profits......

So let me get this straight, your "profit" on the the $370 iPad was only around $30?  Just curious.

That sounds about right Leader, got me how someone survives on such a small margin ?:|

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

That sounds about right Leader, got me how someone survives on such a small margin ?:|

If I bought something for $340 and intended to sell it for a profit on eBay I would start an auction at $400 and include a Buy-It-Now price of $420 to tempt someone into bidding to stop anyone else from using the B-I-N.  If it sells for $400 you still make a profit once fees are taken, and at $420 you make even more profit.  Poor business practice to sell something at no profit, or even risk a no-profit sale.

eco, If I lived in Sydney I'd be onto that wardrobe!  It looks great. I've put it onto my watch list.