ebay making there own rules up

Tracking details Australia Post tracking #****9701008320900 17 Aug 2020 10:36am Delivered MERRIJIG,
VIC 17 Aug 2020 7:50am Onboard for delivery MANSFIELD,
VIC 13 Aug 2020 11:45am Item processed at facility SUNSHINE WEST,
VIC 10 Aug 2020 1:38pm Received by Australia Post HOBART, TAS

I see that both buyer has been refunded for both items through eBay.
As buyer provided a valid evidence from shipping company that item was not delivered,
the case has been closed in their favour.
eBay covers the buyer in such cases under eBay Money Back Guarantee and the refund is charged to
seller's account as you are the sender of the item.
As the items were incorrectly delivered this needs to be resolved with your post-office.

I am afraid, we won't be able to assist you further in this matter.

ME: Where is evidence Australia post delivered to wrong Address Tracking states Delivered?

The evidence is with eBay, and we won't be able to share it with you for security and privacy reasons.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: ebay making there own rules up

AFCA (formely FOS) have no power now either . (as stated from there email response)

"as Ebay handle complaints/disputes and rule on behalf of ADYEN, techincally the financial institution (Adyen) has had no direct dealings with dispute",
so AFCA cannot pursue case as eBay are not registered in Australia.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I can go one better, sold a generator $192 and sent the item. Customer had wrong phone number so courier could not deliver. They started a " item not received " on Monday 26th Oct. Contacted the couriers and was informed that they could not contact the customer and for them to contact them to arrange delivery. Generator was delivered on 28 Oct THEN on 31st Oct we get an email saying that they had found in the customers favor and deducted $192 from our account. When we contacted them on Monday their responce was that because we had not used one of THEIR preferred couriers we would have to get the money from the customer. Seller be aware of ebay's tactics Not happy.

I also sent a pin for a tractor which went to a pub where the post office in the back room and only opens for 3 1/2 days. Nothing electronic there to say it was collected and ebay gave his money back also.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Contact Aust Post via Messenger (fast response this way) and ask for confirmation of delivery and request a photo of the safe drop if this was used.

ebay need to change this bs that the seller needs to ask the buyer to pay after a dispute is closed if the item is eventually delivered, it's just a cop out on eBays part. You will probably find 90% won't respond or pay. So called Seller protection needs to be changed to allow for the confirmation of delivery, particulary if the delivery is late and is not the seller's fault when a dispute is raised for INR.  With all the COVID hoo har at the moment deliveries are taking so much longer.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply