ebay plus works but mostly a scam?

Hi guys,

eBay plus whats the product criteria for ebay to cover the shipping cost for the item?

I recently signed up to the ebay plus to make a purchase because of the following

Product 1

Seller 1 = $25

Seller 2 = $17 + 9.95 shipping

If i signed up to ebay plus "Seller 2", shipping is free. This means eBay paid for the shipping. The Buyer saves and the seller can sell it cheaper making it more attractive to ebay plus members.

Now i tried this on multiple products on my listing and it doesnt work

Offer 1 
Item Price (incudes free shipping), Shipping cost is incoperated into the item price

Offer 2

Item Price excluding shipping, Shipping cost is seperate to the item

When I provide "offer 1" =  eBay plus badge appears

When i provide "offer 2" =  eBay plus badge is removed and the buyer still has to pay for shipping

What this testing shows is that the eBay plus is just a glorified ebay top rated seller. However, from the purchase I made above I was enticed into signing up and save on the shipping which means ebay does actually cover the cost of shipping on certain items.
There must be some criteria that eBay will cover the shipping cost for certain items. Does anyone out there know?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: ebay plus works but mostly a scam?

Yes hence why I said I wish they'd extend them
Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

I’m just commenting on the eBay plus “daily deals” to help Someone else save time.I finally!!! After two weeks of trying multiple times a day — clicked an ebay plus listing fast enough to get through before they were gone. Clicked buy it now then added coupon code. After entering the code I get a mesasage “sorry buyer doesn’t have that quantity”. This is ridiculous and maddening and I will cancel ebay plus. Im happy to know there are limited quantity released each time amd you have to keep trying. Fair enough. HOWEVER One quantity of the item should be reserved once you click buy it now and give you time enough to enter the coupon and check out. EVERY OTHER EBAY SALE BUY IT NOW COMMITS YOU TO BUY AND YOU HAVE TIME TO CHECKOUT!!!
Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I joined up and paid by paypal .. set up for end of free trial period as was the requirement. After a few days i got no $20.00 coupon so I rang the customer support ... wasn't that fun to try to actually get a person talking to you and not and endless list of pre-recorded responses. Customer support told me that coupons would be sent by ebay messages or to my email in 3-5 days so I waited.

It's now 8 days later and nothing .... so I read the fine print in the terms and found they are offering a $5.00 dollar coupon every 3months. What an absolute freaking scam ... false advertising  bait and switch on the naive and unsuspecting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read the terms and conditions of a banner that appeared on my screen, and those terms state it is a $20 voucher that can be used in a single transaction. Unless your promotion was different, the code was to be supplied immediately on signing up to eBay Plus. 

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Ebay are thieves !!!!

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

Well, that was worth dragging up an old thread wasn't it ?

Sheesh - at least ask a question

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

Absolutely agree that it is essentially a scam, and at best a complete rip-off. I cancelled my membership (unfortunately a few days after the trial ended) and have not used any benefits at all. Further to this, despite having paid for 1 year membership, I am still getting prompted to sign up for a free trial. I contacted customer support regarding this which was the most frustrating, terrible customer service I've ever experienced. They basically kept suggesting that I sign up again. My only advice is unless you have calculated the benefits, absolutely avoid ebay plus, this includes signing up for the trial because you will get locked in. 

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently going through the department of fair trading Australia to try get my money back due to eBay taking the money refunding then taking it again when it should have stayed in my account. 1month in so far!!!! Beware don't go eBay +.

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

your a jock go & sign out of ebay & look for your self ebay list free shipping on most item now sign in & look your self as people don't think before Thay act KnowItAll

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

@bjdrew70 wrote:

your a jock go & sign out of ebay & look for your self ebay list free shipping on most item now sign in & look your self as people don't think before Thay act KnowItAll

Posting an abusive comment to someone four years after they posted a comment you dislike is thinking before you act I take it?

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

@bjdrew70 wrote:

Would you like some ranch with that salad?

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply