ebay sale to the UK

Hi, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I have a buyer in the UK who has had every ebay message thrown at her when she has tried to buy from me. We have dealt with them , rung ebay, relisted the item, changed postage options even though I list with worldwide postage.  She was told she couldn't pay until I sent an invoice.. so I did. Now  the invoice I sent her is showing a higher amount for the item and the postage which is not what I sent.  This is never happened to me before and I send overseas often. Any ideas.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ebay sale to the UK

They have probably added UK VAT to your invoice as they do Australian GST to Australian orders from overseas. As they are required by law to do.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

ebay sale to the UK

As Dave said, it sounds like relevant taxes have been added.  Your  buyer should be aware of what extras they are required to pay.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

ebay sale to the UK

Thank you.

Yes.  We discovered that the asking price that she was looking at was not what I was asking but had the VAT already added.  So I added 20% to my price and that was the amount showing for her.  Cheers

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply